Rocker Arms Keep Getting Loose ????"s

dickeymoore

Dragway Regular
Mar 19, 2007
Atlanta,Ga.
Some of the rockers are just creating lash that was not there before,I have screw in studs and if the cam lobes were wore would the engine be popping back through the carb and running bad?THANKS

gman415

Dragway Regular
May 19, 2009
Chattanooga
dickeymoore said:
Some of the rockers are just creating lash that was not there before,I have screw in studs and if the cam lobes were wore would the engine be popping back through the carb and running bad?THANKS
Eventually, yes.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
gman415 said:
dickeymoore said:
Eventually, yes.
Worn cam lobes don't always cause pop back through the carb. Usually the cylinder just stops performing well or it doesn't fire at all. God only knows how many stock Chevy 305's & Caddy HT4100 V8s used to run around on 5, 6 or 7 cylinders when the cams went flat...

Tommy

dickeymoore

Dragway Regular
Mar 19, 2007
Atlanta,Ga.
I went to adjust the valves today and found that when removing the polylocks that some will not unscrew by hand after they were loose or tighten by hand,so I think some of the rocker studs are bad,will not let the polylocks seat all the way,replaced one stud and polylock seated all the way, will replace the rocker studs with new ones from SummitRacing ones that I have, does this sound familiar?THANKS

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts