having motor mount issuse.

rjleiker

Amateur Racer
Sep 24, 2008
Derby, KS
put the horizontal bolts in to connect the two mounts together... then lower your engine down onto the x-member... put one bolt in the frame plate on one side, and then one on the other side... just build your way till they line up...
maybe the engine just isn't twisted just right to line up...
For some reason I feel like if you twist it a little, then it would take up the extra distance...

Is your transmission mount in yet? maybe the mounts are to locate the motor for the engine bay and the transmission crossmember needs to be moved...

LSJM1

Amateur Racer
Aug 27, 2008
Atlanta
Make sure those Edelbrock plates are bolted flush with the block.I ran into the same problum using the same mounts you are.One of my plates was hanging up-felt like it was tight with the allen head bolts but it wasn't pulled up to the block all the way.Also using 3/8 bolts to bolt the plates to the frame instead of the thicker metric ones will give you a little more wiggle room

littlefranks

Frequent Racer
Jun 3, 2006
pembrokepines FLORIDA
ok this is how i solved problem,mounted frame pads as they should be reason for this if i dont like this set up i'll go back to bbc.prolonged the hole on both sides so bolt will line up making sure motor is level and = .here are some pics.remeber this set up sits motor lower.oil pans and cross member notching a must.im putting trz rack and notching frame.
5x6ic4.jpg

24o7c6e.jpg

2e1g7xi.jpg

2lixz77.jpg

zv5xyv.jpg

106fpcg.jpg

2agrgc2.jpg

15f3mgm.jpg

Glatt

Daily Driver
Nov 13, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada