having motor mount issuse.

littlefranks

Frequent Racer
Jun 3, 2006
pembrokepines FLORIDA
so i got a set of edelbrock ls conversion mounts solid morosso mounts,got it together and the frame pads dont line up with the origanal holes,looks like im welding them on the frame.
24ngncz.jpg

2uz43us.jpg

30bearq.jpg

2ivh6o8.jpg

2rc67b9.jpg

11ukk1g.jpg

k1fhfp.jpg

m7gjvd.jpg

A

Anonymous

I am almost positive that those frame mounts only use 3 of the bolts, is this your problem? If so 3 bolts will suffice in this situation. No worries.

blumonte

Weekend Racer
Jul 25, 2008
minnesota
Funny you should post this. I had the same problem setting mine in last night. I have transadapt plates and stock mounts though. And I have moved the frame mounts back a hole but after a half an hour with the pry bar and some beer I made it work. :lol:

rjleiker

Amateur Racer
Sep 24, 2008
Derby, KS
My stock SBC clamshell mounts only use 3 holes. I have seen others doing the LSX swap where they had to move the mounts back one bolt hole with similar mounts.

A

Anonymous

the moroso solid motor mounts only use 3 bolt holes, you should not have a problem.

littlefranks

Frequent Racer
Jun 3, 2006
pembrokepines FLORIDA
for some ungodly reason the top bolt holes on both sides wont line up.three bolts will only be used im notching the cross member anyway so ill just weld the frame pads in place.

A

Anonymous

Are those the short tab mounts? They have 2 different lengths, looks like you may have the longer one's in the pics. Probably causing the motor to sit higher w/ the taller mounts.

rjleiker

Amateur Racer
Sep 24, 2008
Derby, KS
Maybe they are upside down... or on the wrong side... just a thought... it happens...

not sure how they're set up, but you might check it out...

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts