Moser 9" "Bolt-in" Rear for G-Body ???

CutlassRacer

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 18, 2004
Gainesville, FL
www.facebook.com
TRZ will be releasing a new 9" housing that is really trick. Eric Kenward just went 1.197 in 60ft on a 275 Radial tire testing with this rear end.

darius smith

Amateur Racer
Jul 12, 2006
fort valley, ga
i never thought of it as that big of a deal on mine except might wear shock bushing out prematurely. that might have something to with my crappy 60ft.(mid 1.50s avg.) but since i have double adj. lower control arms going on it now i'm not going to get to concern. thanks for posting i've been dealing with that problem for a couple of years every time i need to remove the shocks it is a task to pull them off and put back on, lots of axle greese on stud

STROKERBU

Weekend Racer
Jan 20, 2009
Savannah, GA
I installed a Quip Performance 9" housing on my 78 Malibu with no issues. It botled right up...

Killerdave8813

Dragway Regular
Jan 16, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
Hey Guys,
Yea I think I have the same issue,I bought a rear end used out of the local trader represented as a Moser complete with big drum brakes for like $800.00 a couple years ago,felt it was a pretty good deal other than it had a spool and 456's in it that I would have to change due to I'm mainly a street car,other than the M E in raised casting on the axle centers there are no other markings,I have Edelbrock adjustable uppers and urethane upper bushings and they don't line up properly,also had the same issue with the shock studs,I called Moser one day to ask them about it,I think that was early last summer,they said they had never heard of such an issue and also there is no way to identify their housing from anyone elses,neat huh? I dont understand that as if I were manufacturing anything I'd want to be able to ID my own product!
Well anyway being as I bought mine used it's my baby anyway so I heated up the shock stud mounts with a torch and bent them to my liking,as for the upper mounts I was figuring on cutting them loose and moving them to where they line up properly some day or another but here lately I've been thinking (very dangerous) that since I'm not really hardcore drag I kinda like Norm Peterson's three link/panhard bar idea
and may try that,I don't know,we'll see,hey norm if you're out there have you worked on any attachment point geometry for the three link idea yet? Later,KillerDave

hammer534

Daily Driver
Sep 21, 2009
Lincoln, NE
I have a Moser fab9 under my A-body, its been in the car a year now. It bolted right in just like the stock one. I know a G-body is a little different. I love my Moser even though my A-body dont hook on a dirt road like a G-body does, HA HA.

Cutlass3800

Amateur Racer
May 4, 2009
Medicine Hat, Alberta
I found a Moser 9" housing w/axels and what looks like it might be the econo disc brake setup. Seller states that it's all new and wants $800. Seems like a good price, but after reading this thread it looks like I would also need to factor in double adj upper and lower control arms. Opinions?
MoserHousing1.jpg

MoserHousing2.jpg

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts