Spherical upper bearing fitment on Moser 12 bolt.

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
I just got my bolt-in 12 bolt from Moser, and it appears that the ears on the top of the chunk are thicker than that of a factory 12 bolt. It does not look like the spherical bearings I bought from TRZ will fit? Has anyone ever run into this? I would hate to ruin the bushings that came with the rearend trying to get them out, only to find out that my TRZ's won't fit. Thanks in advance for any info y'all can provide.

malibu

Dragway Regular
Dec 13, 2008
barnegat, nj
nice choice !!! mine is coming in tomorrow ups just called me about an hour ago too let me know it is on it`s way! i put the tru track w/33spline a cover w/girdle 373 an5/8 studs! good luck with it

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
malibu said:
nice choice !!! mine is coming in tomorrow ups just called me about an hour ago too let me know it is on it`s way! i put the tru track w/33spline a cover w/girdle 373 an5/8 studs! good luck with it

Man, it is a really nice piece. I couldn't believe the difference in the casting. The welds are nice and robust. I could have put all those parts in my housing, but it wouldn't have been anywhere near what this new one is. I got mine with a spool, 33 splines, 4.30 gear and 5/8 studs. I wanted the girdle cover, but just ran out of budget. #-o
I will purchase it later.

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
ILLEGAL REGAL™ said:
I believe what everyone does is swazall the ear some to make them narrower so they fit.

:shock: I don't really wanna do that to mine. I guess I'll leave the bushings in it that it came with. Thank you for the answer though Aaron.

Tom

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
malibus~most~wanted said:
send it over to me...i will fix it :D

Get you're checkbook out and call Moser, they will send you one just like it. :p

BBC81Malibu

Amateur Racer
Aug 2, 2008
Atlantic City, NJ
I also have a new Moser 12 bolt and ran into same problem. Most guys carefully sawzall the ears narrower which works. Had a machinist buddy put the housing on his milling machine and we narrowed the ears that way -- looked very clean. After that we installed the TRZ sphericals which are way better than the included rubber bushings.. Know you said you didnt really want to go this route, but there isn't too many other options.

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
Thanks for the reply. Oh the joys of hotrodding. lol. #-o

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts