Manual Brake Question

80bu

Dragway Regular
Aug 19, 2004
Oak grove,mo
the kit from Steel concepts is a kit that me and Travis designed to be a direct replacement kit for g-body's.i have this kit on my car wich was very first kit we designed,this kit works very well on my malibu.cherp 22 has this kit and he seems to like it well,also DougKeen also has this kit,as well as other members on here they seem to like them.this kit comes with a Wilwood Master cyclinder and works very well.

A

Anonymous

kit

`yes but how many times do you have to pump the pedal to get response??? is the pump firm from the get go or do you gotta pump it?.. i'm running the factory disc in the front and the factory disc set up from QP on the rear.. and the wilwood set-up don't work worth a damn!

A

Anonymous

brakes

Supe said:
Do NOT use the stock power brake master cylinder. You need either a factory Malibu manual master, or the manual master from an S10.

hey supe will the manual brake master cylinder from a malibu work good enough that the pedal won't feel spongy and not have to pump it up???? will it work on 4 wheel disc?

80bu

Dragway Regular
Aug 19, 2004
Oak grove,mo
Re: kit

RazorBlade said:
`yes but how many times do you have to pump the pedal to get response??? is the pump firm from the get go or do you gotta pump it?.. i'm running the factory disc in the front and the factory disc set up from QP on the rear.. and the wilwood set-up don't work worth a d###!
Razorblade if you buy this Master Cylinder kit from me you will not had to worry about the rod lenght wich i already have set for you when you receive the kit,as far as the pedal pressure i hit the brakes,and its right there .The master cylinder that you brought off a 84-87 chrysler mini van is not a WILWOOD MASTER CYLINDER.WILWOOD IS AFTERMARET COMPANY,THE MINI VAN MASTER CYLINDER HAS A 3/4'" INCH BORE AND MADE FOR A DISC AND DRUMN SETUP.THE WILWOOD HAS A 1"1/16" BORE AND IS SETUP FOR DISC, DISC SETUP.

GreenDragginBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 10, 2003
N.E. Ohio

80bu said:
RazorBlade said:
`yes but how many times do you have to pump the pedal to get response??? is the pump firm from the get go or do you gotta pump it?.. i'm running the factory disc in the front and the factory disc set up from QP on the rear.. and the wilwood set-up don't work worth a d###!
Razorblade if you buy this Master Cylinder kit from me you will not had to worry about the rod lenght wich i already have set for you when you receive the kit,as far as the pedal pressure i hit the brakes,and its right there .THE WILWOOD HAS A 1"1/16" BORE AND IS SETUP FOR DISC, DISC SETUP.

Ok i have factory front disc and have big ford drums in the back, if it is setup for disc/disc then it probally wouldnt work real well for me then...would it???? Also factory manual master cylinder has a 7/8" bore

A

Anonymous

GreenDragginBu said:
80bu said:
RazorBlade said:
Razorblade if you buy this Master Cylinder kit from me you will not had to worry about the rod lenght wich i already have set for you when you receive the kit,as far as the pedal pressure i hit the brakes,and its right there .THE WILWOOD HAS A 1"1/16" BORE AND IS SETUP FOR DISC, DISC SETUP.

Ok i have factory front disc and have big ford drums in the back, if it is setup for disc/disc then it probally wouldnt work real well for me then...would it???? Also factory manual master cylinder has a 7/8" bore

I understand your concern with the brakes issue, the deal is it doesnt matter what brakes you have on the rear. I am Travis from Steel Concepts Fabrication I build the master cylinder kits. If you have an aftermarket master cylinder that is set up for disc/disc you can install a #10 pound residual valve in the brake line heading to the rear brakes,usaully at the rear of the car in the block where it goes from steel to rubber. Now if you were to use a stock master cylinder and if it has a bore of 7/8" then it still isnt as big of a bore as 1 1/16" bore, so that is why I install new willwood aftermarket master cylinders on all of my customers cars. Some guys even went out and bought those mini van mopar master cylinders from oreily's and put them on their cars and found out they couldnt stop their cars on the big end of the track at 135 mph with both of their feet on the brakes. If you have any questions about the brake kit or are just wanting to know some more imformation on this subject I would be glad to help you.

Travis @ Steel Concepts Fabrication 816-536-3216

GreenDragginBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 10, 2003
N.E. Ohio
Travis, yeah i deffinetly need all the info on this as possible. like i stated earlier i have tried the factory replacement for power, the factory replacement for manual, and now im using a S10 manual master.

None of them give me enough faith in stopping, that it is a big reason why i havent been to the track yet. and even before you started selling the kits i had heard nothing but good about the Wilwood master cylinders, so i trust ya on that. just after now going on my third try, it makes me a little hesitant on buying another setup, and hoping it works.

thats the main reason im waiting to see when Cherp drives his car, i know he has disc/drum setup.....and i hope it works well with his. then i just need to get the money together. I hope ya understand im not doubting your product...it looks like a awesome piece.

A

Anonymous

GreenDragginBu said:
Travis, yeah i deffinetly need all the info on this as possible. like i stated earlier i have tried the factory replacement for power, the factory replacement for manual, and now im using a S10 manual master.

None of them give me enough faith in stopping, that it is a big reason why i havent been to the track yet. and even before you started selling the kits i had heard nothing but good about the Wilwood master cylinders, so i trust ya on that. just after now going on my third try, it makes me a little hesitant on buying another setup, and hoping it works.

thats the main reason im waiting to see when Cherp drives his car, i know he has disc/drum setup.....and i hope it works well with his. then i just need to get the money together. I hope ya understand im not doubting your product...it looks like a awesome piece.

I understand what your saying I just dont want you to do things twice or three times because it is not very cost effective. I missed one thing in my last post, that only when you use a master cylinder that is for disc/disc brakes and you put it on a car that has disc/drum that you put a #10 pound residual valve inline. In your case with disc/disc on your car you install a master cylinder on the firewall and go racing.

GreenDragginBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 10, 2003
N.E. Ohio
Travis , i do have disc front and rear drums. as of now the car wil not do standing burnout...fronts just wont hold. pedals soft and low. and now after installing the 9" rear...i can feel the back brakes stopping the car more than the front. as long as your not going out of business in the next couple weeks.....than i will have the money and order a kit.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts