Manual rear brake question...

Malibu 361

Dragway Regular
Jan 11, 2007
Queens,NY
Ok ,I am running manual brakes up front will be Wilwood Dynalites and out back I have a disc conversion that uses 79-85 El Dorado rear calipers on an 8.5 .I was told that I cannot run those rear brakes if I go manual ...so my question to you is there a manual disc kit for these rears if not who is running rear drum how are they for stopping ......?I think I will convert back to drum if its easier ...

Killerdave8813

Dragway Regular
Jan 16, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
Hi There,
I can't see any reason why you can't run what you have,you just need to get the proper sized master cylinder and proportioning valve set up,I'm not an expert on conversions like that but outfits like master power brakes,stainless steel brake etc. are among others,I think I'd google up disc brake conversions and email a few and see what they have to say,most all hypo parts suppliers are vary helpfull,of course they want to sell parts but you can probably get some good info from them,main thing though,Don't Cut Corners On Brakes!!!!! Be safe! Later,
KillerDave

Malibu 361

Dragway Regular
Jan 11, 2007
Queens,NY
Was told the pistons were to big on the Caddy calipers to run manual they require way to much pressure to clamp properly...From the guy who I bought my wilwoods from ...

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts