ls1 in a malibu

basketcase

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 9, 2003
Stockton, CA
www.jackstandracing.com
basketcase said:
malibu9in said:
my spelling sucks.....is there a spellcheck feature here?

no...another reason to use firefox.

BTW, why is everyone swapping to an LSx engine and then putting a carb on it?

because HP tuners is EXPENSIVE!!!

The motors are normally stock...mail order a tune.

Stangboy

Dragway Regular
Jan 27, 2004
Ky
I'll have less in EFI setup and buying the HP tuners than buy a new intake, carb and stuff....

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
If you pick up the recent month's issue of Hot Rod where they start a 6.0 buildup they go over some of the oil pans if anyone's wondering (figured I'd mention it here as well). They said the truck pan would probably fit older muscle cars, along with the later (I believe '05? Maybe it's the C6s...) 'Vette pans, which are also baffled and would be much better on oil control. They also noted Moroso makes a pan & pickup to retrofit an LSX into most muscle cars.

7secondmalibu

Frequent Racer
Jan 14, 2007
Toledo, Ohio
Jackstand said:
Stangboy said:
Which hookers and with which mount?

trunk manifolds flipped with percsion 88mm muffler.. :)

Thats my kind of muffler!!! :D Not sure if anyone else on here figured out what a 88mm muffler is but I think one 88 mm might be a little bit to small. I would put two of those 88 mm mufflers on if it were my car :D

80bu

Dragway Regular
Aug 19, 2004
Oak grove,mo
Doober said:
If you pick up the recent month's issue of Hot Rod where they start a 6.0 buildup they go over some of the oil pans if anyone's wondering (figured I'd mention it here as well). They said the truck pan would probably fit older muscle cars, along with the later (I believe '05? Maybe it's the C6s...) 'Vette pans, which are also baffled and would be much better on oil control. They also noted Moroso makes a pan & pickup to retrofit an LSX into most muscle cars.
Sounds like i need to get his wsap going,thanks for all the help.

A

Anonymous

first i love this site.. it has been a great help in building a 1982 el camino.. now the fun stuff. I am almost finished with intalling a ls 2 into a 1986 buick grand national.. it has been fun sometimes.. the hardest has been trying to find someone to splice the harness and redo the computers for the fuel injection set up... motor is up and running and sure sound great. the ls 2 fills the whole engine bay. next project is all the new electrical gauges...

thanks again for the great site

john

GreenDragginBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 10, 2003
N.E. Ohio
fatrat96 said:
first i love this site.. it has been a great help in building a 1982 el camino.. now the fun stuff. I am almost finished with intalling a ls 2 into a 1986 buick grand national.. it has been fun sometimes.. the hardest has been trying to find someone to splice the harness and redo the computers for the fuel injection set up... motor is up and running and sure sound great. the ls 2 fills the whole engine bay. next project is all the new electrical gauges...

thanks again for the great site

john

You do know....We love pictures of swaps.... :lol:

If you have any post them up...

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts