83 Malibu Wagon LS1/4L60E swap

Conan-64

Daily Driver
Aug 13, 2010
i'm using a grand national sending unit with a walbro 255 in my stock tank. i read of alot of others using basically the same set up with sucess. i also used the corvete fuel filter/regulator.

406Elcamino

Frequent Racer
Jan 8, 2006
i was going to sump the stock tank and run an external pump but having it below the tank to gravity feed the pump is going to put that pump quite low

79loserbluebu

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2009
Illinois-60491
Not sure if the El Camino and MC tanks are different, but on http://www.gbodyparts.com they do have EFI tank kits with the pumps and hotwire kit for a pretty decent price. That's where I got mine at.

Looking good! I just finished an LS3/4L70E swap on an '83 Wagon. We used the stock tank, with a lengthened GN pump assembly and Holley aftermarket pump. We also used the Vette filter/regulator, with Russell quick disconnect style fittings, AN flared hard line, and Earl's Pro-Lite hose.

pmgm

Amateur Racer
Jun 2, 2007
OH
BulldawgMusclecars said:
Looking good! I just finished an LS3/4L70E swap on an '83 Wagon. We used the stock tank, with a lengthened GN pump assembly and Holley aftermarket pump. We also used the Vette filter/regulator, with Russell quick disconnect style fittings, AN flared hard line, and Earl's Pro-Lite hose.

Can you list the part numbers for the parts used to build the fuel system..

Thanks
Pernell

bigseth

Jun 24, 2007
Charlotte NC
Well I hydroplaned in the rain and took out the passenger doors and front pass lower control arm... been searching high and low for parts and just cant find them... I lucked up and bought a really solid 79 factory v8 wagon that I was gonna use for parts, but i cant justify parting out such a nice car... Any of you wagon guys be on the lookout cause im gonna be trying to sell the 83 roller and the 79 so I can move on to something else.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts