ls1 in a malibu

knievel

Amateur Racer
Aug 5, 2007
Hillsdale , MI
MalibuRacing said:
Can anyone tell me with certainty if the truck oil pan will clear the stock g-body crossmember? That's my first concern. Also, wonder if the truck manifolds will fit the g-body without modifications?

I may have to create a LSx tech forum that focuses on G-bodies. :-k

Those are my two concerns as well

According to Street & Performance, pg 92 of their catalog

http://www.hotrodlane.cc/08%20catalog/08onlinecatalogMAIN.html

They have dimensions of the oilpans and there seems to be plenty in comparison with what I have seen modded on the F-body pans

455_82malibu

Pro Stocker
May 19, 2006
WISCONSIN
Can anyone tell me with certainty if the truck oil pan will clear the stock g-body crossmember? That's my first concern. Also, wonder if the truck manifolds will fit the g-body without modifications?

plenty of room, I could have moved the engine forward more, but I set it up from the driveshaft forward, the pass side head cowl area needed a little hammer time, the motor is totally behind the crossmember, should help with weight transfer.

6.0014.jpg

6.0015.jpg

headers, edelbrock LS1 firebird shorties, plenty of room, Mounts.. S-10 ls1 swap mounts, I had to shim them up 1/2" for now, I used cheap AutoZOne frame pads and they settled bad.

6.0003.jpg

6.0018.jpg

Front accessories...stock truck, power steering works perfect...just grab a metric 16x1.5 fitting for the pump side and compression it to the malibu 18x1.5 box fitting. Alternator is a 1 wire, stock 1999 S-10 4cyl, 105 amp.
6.0010.jpg

Finished.

6.0001.jpg

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
Why did you have to shim the S10 adapter mounts? To allow the header to clear? Also, why did you use a S10 alternator, why didn't you use the truck alternator?

Thanks! Very good info and pictures!!

455_82malibu

Pro Stocker
May 19, 2006
WISCONSIN
no, the cheap rubber in the frame mount compressed over about a week and the front of the pan has a small hump that was getting close to the crossmember. You can get the adaptors to use the old school 3 hole stock chevy mounts, I had these so I used them. this is a 2005 motor, I tired that alt but couldnt get it to energize, I was told the newer ones use the vehicle computer to energize it and regulate thats why it didnt work.

chevycopcar

Pro Stocker
Jul 19, 2004
S. Holland, IL
How about fitment where the heater box is concerned? I see 455_82 has a block off plate. Anyone do the install and retain the box?

malibu9in

Pro Stocker
May 30, 2003
college station texas
Im doing mine a little different. I could have done it easier but i wanted my oil pan as far up to the motor as possible. I cut my crossmember and notced it. I also used the ebay s10 mounts. But im running full length 1 7/8 headers. Ill send so pics soon. I have enough clearence to the heater box also. I am using katech covers and such. should be slick if i ever get motovated.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts