what do i need to put a ls1 m6 in a 79 malibu?

sl99ls1

Jan 16, 2010
What do i need to do this swap i have a 99 ls1 m6 and wiring and i want a 79 malibu what do i need for this swap such as header, brakes, motor and transmission mounts, the pedals,fan, and to get the gauges and fuel tanks....

thanks alot jose

blubaldmontess

Dragway Regular
Oct 3, 2005
Clarksville, TN
PM sent, just easier that way eh.

Jordan81

Pro Stocker
Feb 10, 2004
wichita, ks
for starters...money. i think speedway motors sells kits(motor mounts etc) to do this...

80bu

Dragway Regular
Aug 19, 2004
Oak grove,mo
I am putting a ls1 m6 in my malibu. You van get a kit from speedway motors fro motor mounts. the clutch pedal I bought off of a guy at gsi interiors he is a member on monte carlo ss forums. It worked great with the hydraulic setup from the camaro.Jesse at wait4mepreformance did my wiring harness.
If you need more help just ask, great guys to deal with over here!!!!

sl99ls1

Jan 16, 2010
thanks alot guys but how does a m6 fit and what do i do about the gauges is there a way to fit some camaro gauges?

sl99ls1

Jan 16, 2010
would it save me alot of time just carbig my ls1 then keeping it fuel injected and would i still be able to use my 6 speed???? ps my wife is sick of me talkin about this all day everyday!!!!lol

blubaldmontess

Dragway Regular
Oct 3, 2005
Clarksville, TN
I don't know how much it would save you to carb it. I don't know all that much about carbing the motors...but I do know about wifes getting tired of haering about it. My wife got tired of me on ls1tech and on here and everywhere else.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts