LS FEST IN BOWLINGREEN KY THIS COMING WEEKEND!!!

Roller406Bu

Frequent Racer
Sep 10, 2003
Elizabethtown Ky
http://www.holley.com/LSFest/

hope to see some of you there!!!

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
I wish I could go...could give me some ideas for my 6.0L that will hopefully find it's way into my engine bay soon. Maybe over the winter :(

Roller406Bu

Frequent Racer
Sep 10, 2003
Elizabethtown Ky
malicad said:
I wish I could go...could give me some ideas for my 6.0L that will hopefully find it's way into my engine bay soon. Maybe over the winter :(

ideas on what?

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
Well, I've got the motor mounts/headers figured out. Going to run my FAST EZ EFI system with my Edelbrock RPM intake and MSD controller. I'm at a loss as to what accessory drive to use. The iron block LS engines are missing an important hole (boss) in the block which prevents me from running an accessory drive system from March, Billet Specialties, and most others. They all need the hole in the front of the block to mount brackets to, which the iron block doesn't have. I personally think the truck system is too tall, and it's ugly. All you see from the front is the huge brackets. I'd like for people (and myself) to see the engine I spent so much time (and money) on. I know I can use an f-body setup, but I'd like to see someone who did this, and relocated the alternator to the passenger side, to give a more "traditional SBC" look. Always wanted to go to LS fest!

Roller406Bu

Frequent Racer
Sep 10, 2003
Elizabethtown Ky
Its no big deal to make a hole.. Drill and tap it like anything else...i did it...

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
Roller406Bu said:
Its no big deal to make a hole.. Drill and tap it like anything else...i did it...
Drill into what? There's no metal there to drill into. I'm afraid if I'd drill too deep, I'd shoot right into the cylinder.
block3.jpg

Position "a" would be easy to drill and tap, but position "b" is also needed for a necessary bracket...that's the one that can't be drilled and tapped...
lsblocks.jpg

This photo shows the missing boss where the should be a hole. I emailed this picture to March and Billet Specialties, and asked them if their systems would work on the iron blocks without this hole. They both said no.. I'm pretty bummed out. Kinda makes me think I should've built an all aluminum block LS. Notice I said "kinda" ;)
I'll figure something out

Roller406Bu

Frequent Racer
Sep 10, 2003
Elizabethtown Ky
I drilled one hole because thats all thats needed when running f body access... Just do that and forget about it....

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
Roller406Bu said:
I drilled one hole because thats all thats needed when running f body access... Just do that and forget about it....

I didn't know just the one hole would work.I wonder why the aftermarket stuff needs both holes? I will be using F-Body accessories, then. Wow, that was easy! Thanks Roller406Bu!!!

Roller406Bu

Frequent Racer
Sep 10, 2003
Elizabethtown Ky
malicad said:
Roller406Bu said:

I didn't know just the one hole would work.I wonder why the aftermarket stuff needs both holes? I will be using F-Body accessories, then. Wow, that was easy! Thanks Roller406Bu!!!

pm your cell and I'll send you pics of what it needs....

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts