High pitch wine coming from HEI dist.

A

Anonymous

Going to run around the block a bit but the car would not fire. I get out to investigate the problem and find that my Dist is making a high pitched wining noise. I tried a few quick things but noting worked. Could this be the module?

Also, I have a MSD soft rev limiter that have a few problems with. Every once an a blue moon the MSD will not let the car fire up until I take out the pill and put it back in, then it fires up with no problem and work great. Any info with this problem will help, just running out of ideas.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

you may want to pull the distributor out and rotate it by hand, your bearings may be shot

A

Anonymous

I would run it without the msd and see if the noise is still there. MSD's love to make noise.

dsellars

Frequent Racer
Feb 25, 2007
pryor ok
whinning

I had a 6AL box and had a high pitched chirping noise comming from my dist about a week later the box went out Just incase Your car just wont start ne more try putting a stock type igniton back in it and see if it fires up

A

Anonymous

Turned out to be the Pertronixs ignition module. Thanks for your suggestion guys.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts