Coolant question

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
I bled the system today. I disconnected the upper hose and tried to put coolant in, but it would not take. So, I had to disconnect a hose that I ran from the throttle body to one of the radiator tanks. After that, I could fill the engine block with coolant. After running for some time, coolant started flowing through the radiator. So, I sealed up everything. The thing would not ever run over 195, even with the cooling fan not running. Strange? :-k

The electric fan thermostat is not the factory ECM, it is an aftermarket setup. I adjusted it to kick on at 195 (low speed), and it would run between 180 and 195 the whole time. I'm wondering if it is running too cool? Doesn't the ECM go into an open loop until the coolant temp reaches a certain level? What is the temp that it goes into closed loop? Or do I even know what I'm talking about?? :-k

Anyway, I drove it around for about 15 minutes and it is running great. \:D/

My son and wife both are complaining about the "smell" of not running catalytic converters, so I am going to get universal cats installed. Plus, I need to get the exhaust shop to "move" the driver's side exhaust manifold downpipe to give a little more room between the pipe and the remote oil filter lines. No biggie.

Now I need to finish up with the interior and we're through! Yeah right, it's always something..... :lol:

blubaldmontess

Dragway Regular
Oct 3, 2005
Clarksville, TN
Thats great to hear. I don't know what to tell you about the ecm open closed loop. I mean I have no problem with it either way, as long as it works right? as for the smell, I ended up putting the magnaflow 3" racing cats on mine, doesnt disrupt flow or anything like that. I'm glad you got it running and that things are worked out now...and I'd leave the temps at the setting you have now, but thats just my two cents

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts