Mighty

Amateur Racer
Apr 14, 2023
Sure enough!
IMG_8650.jpeg

Mighty

Amateur Racer
Apr 14, 2023
Got to the shop last night and one of the bay doors was open next door so I went over to discuss my column right away. I showed him the eBay bowl and the $40 bowl on the Brock website and he told me to buy it because it would look way better than what he was planning on doing (some kind of metal epoxy?). I pointed out the key release lever and he said he could fix mine. Double and triple checked because the one you sent on eBay was only $20. I think I’m going to buy it anyways. He said he already had the rack. I asked him if it had the same number of teeth as mine and he said he had 3 or 4. I went on ahead and ordered the bowl last night so I’m keeping my fingers crossed. It looked like he actually had taken some more parts off of it. I told him I might be able to get a complete s10 column but he said just get the bowl because that’s all he really needs. The fellow with the s10 column still hasn’t responded to me yet anyways. He also brought up how he had a g body car stolen from him in the late 90’s and when it was recovered the column was busted in the same place and he did his own repair and made an extra brace of some kind to protect that area of the column. Next I’m going to start searching for some of that paint you mentioned to see if I can get some ordered for this new bowl.

Mighty

Amateur Racer
Apr 14, 2023
The tail gate is completely back together, oiled up, and the busted to hell plastic trim is in place. My brother wanted me to asked if there’s any place that I would be able to find the rod that goes on the drivers side of the latch on the glass? I don’t know the exact term for it. I included a picture of the latch inside the tailgate where there’s a hole for the rod. I’m sure you know what I’m referring to.
IMG_8895.jpeg

IMG_8896.jpeg

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
Sounds like a good plan. I like the idea of replacing the lever. The new lever also has the pad attached.

The brace you referred to is probably a steel collar that bolts around the column to protect the area where you can pull on the rod to activate the switch. The collars look hideous, but I suppose in some areas of the world they are a necessity.

Mighty

Amateur Racer
Apr 14, 2023
That’ll work. I really tried to get the point across how much of an oddball my column is to try to get some urgency going lol. I just have a bad feeling that he thinks it’s just an ordinary g body column. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Mighty

Amateur Racer
Apr 14, 2023
I forgot to mention too, my dad showed me he found a manual trans tilt column in a junk yard in Iowa yesterday….$500

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
The PN for the pin is 20327325
There are 2 on eBay

The striker looks crusty. Its PN is 20040319. It doesn't seem to be used on anything but the A/G wagons.
The one on eBay must be made of gold.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts