run coolant bypass?

Apathy93Z

Amateur Racer
May 24, 2003
Loveland, CO
Ok where do you guys run the coolant bypass tube? from the crossover to the throttle body, from the throttle body to ????????????????????

Kevin Williams

Amateur Racer
Aug 12, 2003
Autryville,NC
www.angelfire.com
Alot of people splice it into the top radiator hose. I'm planning to run it back into the waterpump by drilling and tapping a fitting into it.

blubaldmontess

Dragway Regular
Oct 3, 2005
Clarksville, TN
I did not run mine back through the throttle body, mine runs from the top of the drivers side across to the passenger side of the radiator. I then had a small brass fitting inserted into the top of the radiator via drilling a hold and soldering it in. I'll get pics if needed when the car comes out of the shop.

388bu

Top Fueler
May 27, 2003
Huntley, il
www.shiftn6.com
Ran it to the water pump as well. Did not run it through the TB.

On my buddies 63 Nova we just finished, we ran it to the radiator. Had a chunk of aluminum welded to the tank and drilled/tapped it.

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
I ran mine as shown below:

From drivers side head to throttle body:
crossover_tube_connection.jpg

Passenger side of TB to radiator:
bypass_2.jpg

My radiator had a built-in 1/8" NPT port that had a brass NPT plug installed. It was located between the upper and lower transmission cooler line connections. I Removed the plug and installed a nipple and run the line to it:
bypass_radiator_tank.jpg

Apathy93Z

Amateur Racer
May 24, 2003
Loveland, CO
cool thanks for the ideas guys, I'm starting on this project hopefully next weekend, just trying to think of the small stuff before I get started, I'm gonna have to check my radiator to see if I have a fitting on it, not sure. If not where do you drill the hole in the water pump?

Kevin Williams

Amateur Racer
Aug 12, 2003
Autryville,NC
www.angelfire.com
Apathy93Z said:
If not where do you drill the hole in the water pump?
If ur using the truck waterpump there is flat spot on top that is perfect.

Kevin Williams

Amateur Racer
Aug 12, 2003
Autryville,NC
www.angelfire.com
388bu said:
You mean f-body pump? There's a perfect spot on top of the f-body pump. Its basically where the truck spout would be.
Sorry, you're right.

Apathy93Z

Amateur Racer
May 24, 2003
Loveland, CO
yes I am using the f-body pump, after looking at it I was thinking of tapping it into the top where the truck neck comes out thanks for the advice guys, I'm sure I'll need some more once I get started on it finally.
much appreciated

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts