stupid question?

timeisrelative

Weekend Racer
May 28, 2008
:mrgreen: I was just wandering, being a back yard mechanic and all, has anyone tried swapping better more modern stock suspensions into a malibu? :mrgreen: Like camaro or monte ss front end parts? :mrgreen:

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Monte SS front ends are the same as Malibu front ends. The only difference is the sway bar & spring rate.

F-body stuff won't swap.

Tommy

timeisrelative

Weekend Racer
May 28, 2008
:| So even like a late 80's monte front is the same? I would have thought that it would be even a little better. :mrgreen:

Norm Peterson

Amateur Racer
Oct 18, 2003
state of confusion
Something like this?

SCandC has other, less expensive/extensive suspension upgrades as well.

With respect to the "late 80's Monte", all of GM's downsized RWD intermediates are pretty much the same as far as general suspension arrangements are concerned. Differences are mostly in springs, sta-bars, maybe specific alignment settings. The only significant arrangement difference that I can think of right away is the traction arm rear suspension arrangement on the rather rare GNX.

Norm

timeisrelative

Weekend Racer
May 28, 2008
:mrgreen: Hey guys thanks for the replys. :mrgreen: I just want my bu to corner flatter without spending a small fortune! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I know sometime you cant get around it, but it was just something that was running through my head! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts