stupid question time

78_buwag

Amateur Racer
Sep 26, 2012
Columbia, MO
all my people are at work and I need a quick help. trying to get my motor mounts off the cradle, and cant figure out how to get into the bolts in the cradle. do I go through the control arm pockets? how do I get in there to get them out?

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
pretty sure i just went through the little access hole in on the front side of the frame with a box end wrench. i tried going through the control arm hole with an socket on a swivel and extension and got tired of trying to keep the socket on the #### nut.

1982 SS

Frequent Racer
Jan 19, 2007
Clearfield, Utah
I enlarged the access hole in front of then upper two bolts to get in there easier. I went throught the lower control arm hole for the the bottom bolts. A piece of electrical tape on one side of the wrench keeps the nut from getting lost when you go to put them back in.

78_buwag

Amateur Racer
Sep 26, 2012
Columbia, MO
I can get my wrench on the back top bolts of the mounts through the whole but not the front ones. opening them up sounds like a good idea. I was hoping they would be like a gearbox or pitman or idler and have holes drilled big enough the get an extension and socket through but so far I haven't found any.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts