stock lq4 blow thru turbo build

rollcagerage

Amateur Racer
Dec 13, 2009
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
Thanks, The mustangs in town learned to hate that blazer real quickly, it has no problem pulling its own weight. Going to check into those bullseye turbos for sure, I already feel slow and left behind and I have'nt even fired it up yet.

rollcagerage

Amateur Racer
Dec 13, 2009
boostinmalibu said:
i posted on your s10forum thread about your malibu :D lol i have a 03 s10 also that getting a LS swap also
Thanks! I really dont get over there to much, Its a fun swap it just gets a little tight front to back though.

rollcagerage

Amateur Racer
Dec 13, 2009
Yes! It dose run now, I even drove it around the block but have to work on the tune a bit. Work has me tied down at this point thou, just finished up a 84 hour week, still hoping to get to track yet this year, I'll get a start up vid. and more pics. by next weekend.

The-ace:

Amateur Racer
May 25, 2012
Western,Ma
www.facebook.com
well congrats with your build & your work looks great also, im so jealous enjoy!

rollcagerage

Amateur Racer
Dec 13, 2009
Ok, some more photos, I just finally figured out how to make my laptop talk to the msd 6010 and the lm1 data logger (took two weeks of messing with) and now have a safe tune for the track, witch I'm having my doubts I'll get to this year. I'm already thinking of upgrades or at least a cam swap, I did however score another 6.0l that I'l actually build.
DSCI0661.jpg

DSCI0662.jpg

DSCI0664.jpg

The video sounds a little crappy, besides its just a stock ls2 cam, the motor had a stumble off idle but cleared up after i put a tune in it with better timing.

Last edited by a moderator:

gunners80bu

Oct 29, 2012
Nice build. This kind of build is definitely in my future. I'm currently on the lookout for a good 6 L core. I'm thinking a built 6 liter with a 91mm precision. Until then I have a 427 BBC to beat on.

Two of my buddies are currently building LS type motors. One is doing a stockish 5.3 with a single Master power 76mm and the other is doing a X275 mustang with a 336ci LSX with a Borg warner s500sx turbo. I'm trying to learn as much as I can before I tackle it. LS motors seem to be the way to go these days.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts