speedway motors tubular control arms

John N

Top Fueler
Feb 12, 2005
South Jersey
jackstandracing.com
The rights and lefts are different lengths! Did you align the car yet?

Dom87SS

Pro Stocker
Jun 6, 2003
Lake Villa, IL
www.stroked57.com
10secBu said:
I'm wondering why these A-arms draw so much interest? I can't for the life of me see any performance advantage from them an they lack any bump stop or travel limiter so they aren't really useful for drag racing.

Must be for the looks alone. :roll:

13lbs off the nose, yes they do look a lot better than the ugly stamped stockers, and they are a very affordable alternative to a tubular upper arm. and some cars dont need limiters, so sayin they arent useful in drag racing is a bit of a stretch. how much travel limit do you think a 11-13 second car needs? you might ask why put these on such a slow car and not just run the stockers. well for me it was because i needed to do bushings and ball joints anyway, and again these shave 13lbs of unsprung weight off my 3800lb car i dont want to gut but save weight where i can. so the cost of buyin bushings then have to uninstall and install wasnt worth the little savings id have to keep the weight of the arms

and if you do need a bump stop they arent very hard to build with some creativity. a tapered bushing with a threaded insert and a bolt welded to the arm, or a poly trans mount welded to the frame or the arm would work. or the traditional where you could add a cross tube with a hole in the middle with a nut welded to the top or bottom and run the bolt up and down to desired height

winditup57

Dragway Regular
Jun 6, 2006
Davenport, IA
John N said:
The rights and lefts are different lengths! Did you align the car yet?
Yes, one is 1" longer than the other. I had these on my Blazer and it aligned just fine. I havent aligned the Bu yet, but it will be and will be just fine. I have it close just eyeballing it.

mreese

Amateur Racer
Aug 16, 2007
KILGORE TX
mreese said:
John N said:
You need 2 right side arms. 91031133-R on speedwaymotors.com. The other arms won't work. Yes, they will work fine on the street.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/p/4853,26_4130-Chrome-Moly-Metric-Upper-Control-Arm.html
THAT IS NOT COMPLETLY TRUE. I JUST PUT A SET OF R&L CONTROL ARMS ON MY MONTE CARLO TODAY AND THEY
FIT FINE ALL BUT THE RIGHT SIDE CROSS SHAFT HAD TO BE CUT DOWN
TO CLEAR THE PART WHERE THE SHOCK BOLTS UP TO GET FULL ADJUSTMENT OF SHIMMING FOR ALIGNMENT.
JOHN N. YOU ARE
ABSOLUTELY RIGHT I LOOKED AT MY CAR AND THE DRIVERS SIDE IS TOED
IN AND THE PASSENGERS SIDE IS TOED OUT A LITTLE. I CALLED SPEEDWAY
AND THEY SAID THEY HAVE THEM A INCH LONGER ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE
MORE CASTER IN DIRT TRACK CARS SO I ORDERED ANOTHER RIGHT SIDE
CONTOL ARM. I APOLOGIZE JOHN.

mreese

Amateur Racer
Aug 16, 2007
KILGORE TX
ratrapp said:
has anyone used these arms as an alternative to the hotchkis arms for using b/f body spindles?
DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE
B/F BODY SPINDLES THEY WORK FOR STOCK G BODY SPINDLES.

gdnf2et

Weekend Racer
Jan 2, 2007
Va Beach, VA
I ordered two rights for my monte, they worked fine UNTIL I put on the dropped spindles two weeks ago..The left side camber was then -2 out, with no shims. So I ordered the left side arm ( which is 1/2 longer ) and its shimable now and steers straight.. It helps to have a good , patient, alignment guy..

A

Anonymous

as far as the travel limiters why not just weld or bolt a chain to the frame and drop it down through the lower arm with a pin in it?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts