speedway motors tubular control arms

WhiteTrash79MC

Dragway Regular
Aug 20, 2004
Reading, PA
I've had my eye on these for quite a while. My only concern is the aluminum cross shaft holding up on the horrible Pennsylvania roads I have to drive on. Will they hold up to the harshness of pot holes and the occasional running over of groundhogs? :lol:

Dom87SS

Pro Stocker
Jun 6, 2003
Lake Villa, IL
www.stroked57.com
dont think pot holes have much affect on the cross shaft. its just for locating the upper arm to a position on the frame. youll knock a ball joint or tie rod out out before bending the cross shaft. and it cant be a whole lot worse than around here. illinoins has some of the worse roads around

winditup57

Dragway Regular
Jun 6, 2006
Davenport, IA
If they hold up in the roundy-round cars, with the bumps in the tracks...I dont think the street is gonna bother them. Mine held up to lifting the front tires off the ground in my Blazer...you will be fine.

mc1984ss

Frequent Racer
Apr 19, 2004
Wisconsin
I have a question for the people that have used these arms in the past. I just go tmine in the mail today and have a question. The stock arms seemed to have a big drop from the mounting point to the ball joint location. The speedway arms are straight across, with no drop. Is this right? Are they the stock geometry or will it screw up my suspension? I just dont want to go through all the work to have to redo it.

Thanks in advance!

Dom87SS

Pro Stocker
Jun 6, 2003
Lake Villa, IL
www.stroked57.com
well they are obviously different, as far as geometry, the will not mess with freedom of travel up and down. you will have to get the ca realigned, but thats a given when you take all that stuff apart

barnym17

Dragway Regular
Jan 6, 2008
ohio
We have used these arms for years on really rough dirt tracks and they hold up great.Usually the ball joint will fail before the arm.I was wondering why people would pay $600.00 for a set from jegs when these work great at $49.00.Also someone asked about tubular lowers they are being made and sold now that they are legal in ump modified classes about $150.00 each I was told and by rule these parts have to be stock dimension in order to be used.

lester622

Dragway Regular
Sep 5, 2006
new orleans
barnym17 said:
tubular lowers they are being made and sold now that they are legal in ump modified classes about $150.00 each I was told and by rule these parts have to be stock dimension in order to be used.

whose selling the lowers, speedway?

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
I'm wondering why these A-arms draw so much interest? I can't for the life of me see any performance advantage from them an they lack any bump stop or travel limiter so they aren't really useful for drag racing.

Must be for the looks alone. :roll:

mreese

Amateur Racer
Aug 16, 2007
KILGORE TX
John N said:
You need 2 right side arms. 91031133-R on speedwaymotors.com. The other arms won't work. Yes, they will work fine on the street.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/p/4853,26_4130-Chrome-Moly-Metric-Upper-Control-Arm.html
THAT IS NOT COMPLETLY TRUE. I JUST PUT A SET OF R&L CONTROL ARMS ON MY MONTE CARLO TODAY AND THEY
FIT FINE ALL BUT THE RIGHT SIDE CROSS SHAFT HAD TO BE CUT DOWN
TO CLEAR THE PART WHERE THE SHOCK BOLTS UP TO GET FULL ADJUSTMENT OF SHIMMING FOR ALIGNMENT.

winditup57

Dragway Regular
Jun 6, 2006
Davenport, IA
mreese said:
John N said:
You need 2 right side arms. 91031133-R on speedwaymotors.com. The other arms won't work. Yes, they will work fine on the street.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/p/4853,26_4130-Chrome-Moly-Metric-Upper-Control-Arm.html
THAT IS NOT COMPLETLY TRUE. I JUST PUT A SET OF R&L CONTROL ARMS ON MY MONTE CARLO TODAY AND THEY
FIT FINE ALL BUT THE RIGHT SIDE CROSS SHAFT HAD TO BE CUT DOWN
TO CLEAR THE PART WHERE THE SHOCK BOLTS UP TO GET FULL ADJUSTMENT OF SHIMMING FOR ALIGNMENT.
Thats interesting. I didnt have to do that with mine....mine bolted right on my 'Bu.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts