Parking brake difference Auto/ Manual trans

80ECLT

MalibuRacing Junkie
Nov 21, 2006
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
What is the difference between the parking brake release cable for an automatic and manual trans? I had an auto, but swaped it to a manual using all factory components. Now, I dont know which to order. Please help!

lurchsmalibu

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2005
Lakeland, Florida
How does the parking brake cable affect the transmission(s) shrug.gif location or what?

80ECLT

MalibuRacing Junkie
Nov 21, 2006
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
Well, I ordered them from Napa, because they were dc'd from GM. Both places listed two different p/n's too. I cant figure out why they would be different because it doesnt come anywhere near interfearing with either trans setup. I guess worst case I will have to order both and figure it out like that. :x

388bu

Top Fueler
May 27, 2003
Huntley, il
www.shiftn6.com
I ordered mine new from some aftermarket company...cant remember which one. Classic tube or something maybe? Anyway...I dont remember having to specify which trans I had.

If anything, I think id order whatever trans was originally in the car. I cant see there being a big difference.

I wonder if its where the splice is located near the trans crossmember? Right now my splice hits the crossmember when I apply the brake. Its not a huge deal though.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts