elect prob / parking lights

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
heres my issue the parking lights and the blinker lights in instrument cluster stay on with the key in off position .... the blinkers do not blink and finally the horn doesnt work . i changed the front blinker housings got them from autozone and were labeled GM and have new connectors on the grounds at the radiator support had the same housings in my 81 last summer and they did work .the instrument cluster also came from my 81 and worked last summer . theres 2 changes i do have a different steering column and the wiring harness that runs behind the dash is different the engine bay / headlight harness was installed from a known good 79 malibu . and lastly to add i dont know what the column came from it could be original it doesnt have wiper delay on the blinker switch so i am guessin its older also it was a red column and the original interior was red if you need more info just ask thanks for your help

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Most all GM columns from that era have the same plugs on the column for the starter, but that shouldn't matter anyway, it could be in your headlight switch, that's where the lights are supposed to get power. If power comes through somewhere else, something isn't wired correctly.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts