My piston quandry

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
So I finally got a call from the machine shop today... the block is fine, but he said max taper on the cylinders is about .005", he figures it should clean up with a .020" overbore. My predicament is I can't find anything besides a couple different pistons from SRP, which is fine besides the fact that they're $500+ for a set. My options for a more budget-friendly piston open immensely when I go for either a .030 piston, or to a set of hypereutectics. So what do you think... .020" hypereutectics, or .030" forged? I was hoping to not have to go .030" on the block, but there's no price difference there compared to $170+ just for a somewhat 'off' size in a forged piston.

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
what's the rest of the bottom end going to be? i'm not sure if i'd be in a panic to get forged pistons if the rest of the bottom end was going to be stock.

DFWMalibu

Dragway Regular
Dec 15, 2006
Dallas,Tx
I would look at the Forged Probes I had great customer service and they went above and beyond to get me the piston I wanted and gave me a deal to boot....

Chris K.

sbmalibu

Frequent Racer
Oct 5, 2009
north judson indiana
If your not gonna hit it with a big shot or boost,just put hypers in it and dont worry about it.

SSedan64

Dragway Regular
Oct 5, 2009
MACON, GA.
Don't want to sound negative but, that type Dish piston is the worst for creating good quench/squish. The D-Dish is much better.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts