looks like im going turbo lsx

black80bu

Frequent Racer
Aug 28, 2004
severn,maryland
www.fquick.com
well looks like plans of droping sbc in my 81 wagon have changed scored a 05 6.0 and 4l80e out of a 2500 van at the local junk yard for cheap. My brother and i pulled everything motor,trans,harness and computer from the van. End up getting everything for 450 bucks, looked in to the valve covers and the heads are spotless inside.
here pic of everything, we had to cut the frame so we could get the engine out.
Resampled_2011-10-10_14-14-24_900.jpg

My plan is to build a turbo daily driver that a can also take to the track and have fun with. im leaving the car stock looking besides lowering 2inchs.The only thing the engine is having done is z06 cam,upgraded push rods,ls9 head gasket,rings regaps.head studs and rod bolts. I plan on using something like a s480 turbo.
im gonna contact either current performance or speartech and see if one of them would modify the wiring harness out of the van for the wagon.which do you guys recommend

Does anyone know if ill have a problem with flipping the manifolds and running the cross over pipe with the 1inch set back mounts?
Also does any one make complete solid motor mounts for the swap?

black80bu

Frequent Racer
Aug 28, 2004
severn,maryland
www.fquick.com
heres a pic of my wagon the setup going into.
wagon002.jpg

No one has ever use current performance or speartech to rewire or get a new harness for swaping the motor and trans and all to keep fuel injection?

What are you guys using for throttle cables that have kept the fuel injection?

pdqwagon

Frequent Racer
Aug 27, 2009
Grove City Ohio
Gonna be a nice project, keep updates and pics coming.

boostinmalibu

Dragway Regular
Sep 13, 2005
joplin missouri
how are ya wanting that harness modified? standalone style? i could do it for ya, i have one i did for a lsx fox body i was building but abandoned the project, i might get rid of it if your interested

are ya planning on using the 4l80e or a th350?

black80bu

Frequent Racer
Aug 28, 2004
severn,maryland
www.fquick.com
boostinmalibu said:
how are ya wanting that harness modified? standalone style? i could do it for ya, i have one i did for a lsx fox body i was building but abandoned the project, i might get rid of it if your interested

are ya planning on using the 4l80e or a th350?

sorry i havent had time to get on cause of work being so busy abnd working all these hours. i plan on using the 4l80e. im been throwin around the ideal of stand alone or having it wired somewhat into the dash so the gauges and check engine light work just havent made up my mind yet lol.

winditup57

Dragway Regular
Jun 6, 2006
Davenport, IA
Check out http://www.yatesefi.com I have seen his work first hand, and he sells a killer wiring harness, all plug n play and there are only 4 wires to hook up to make the car/engine run. His wiring kit also includes all the right wires to make the transmission work as well. Might be well worth your time.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts