Hop Stop Bars?

Big Block Bob

Daily Driver
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, Canada
I was thinking of getting Edelbrock Hop Stop bars for the rear on the Malibu.
How are these on a daily driver, do they make the car handle bad or different? Or do you only notice them under hard acceleration?

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
i had the lakewood ones on my 82 elcamino and it got rid of all the wheel hop.i'm told its better for lower powered cars.my car wasn't anything special it was more fun after the hop was gone i'll say that much!it didn't effect anything else as far as i could tell.the edlebroc ones look very similar to the lakewoods.i'm sure some one will go into more about what it does to fast carsmoney well spent in my book!

1982 SS

Frequent Racer
Jan 19, 2007
Clearfield, Utah
I have the no hop bars from dickmillerracing.com. They're the same idea, just not quite as tall as the edelbrocks or lakewoods. They have two options for mounting the upper control arm, one is about 2 " higher than stock and the other is like 3 or 3.5" higher. I think they make a smoother hit than the edelbrocks. My dad has the edelbrocks on his '64 Buick and they hit the tire and almost unload the rears, where as the dickmiller's lay the power down and keep it down. They really don't affect handling, you'll just feel the back end rise anytime you get into the throttle. My 3800 lb 13 flat El Camino 60's at 1.75. Thats also with deflated air shocks in the back and a completely stock front end with global west bushings and the sway bar still attached.

Bad Medicine Racing

Frequent Racer
Jan 8, 2010
Grove Oak, AL
I have been 10.67 with the lakewoods on my car with 275/60/15 Hoosier drag radials. With something around a 1.50 60', but when I started trying to go faster it would try to hop the back tires off the ground and unload. I have had a 1.43 with iceman uppers and lowers, and Summit adjustable shocks all the way around, with slicks and all the bars in stock locations. But I leave off of a transbrake too.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts