No Hop vs. Lift Bars

83LSWagon

Frequent Racer
Aug 27, 2008
Spring Hill, FL
Is there an advantage to one over the other? I understand the no hop bars raise the uppers, and the lift bars drop the lowers achieving the same thing on paper, but I was curious whether it mattered which set of arms I moved.

desbird

Frequent Racer
Feb 8, 2006
whitehall michigan
i would think lowering the bottom would make them closer to ground to get caught on i use something like no hops 9 in and when the brackets was weld on we made them 3 in taller then stock goes st. and hooks up fine

1982 SS

Frequent Racer
Jan 19, 2007
Clearfield, Utah
The main difference is how you hit the tires. I've run both and I prefer the no hop style. The lift bars work with a lower power car and tend to make the rear squat on launch. The no hop style make the rear lift, as the axle gets driven into the ground the chassis has to go up. 4 link cars ideally have the lower control arm parallel to the ground and the upper bar set to so that, in theory, their intersection point is on the neutral line of the car and on the center of weight. The neutral line is an imaginary line drawn from the contact patch of the rear tire to the upper ball joint on the front end. This sets up the rear suspension to most effectively lift the car and plant the tires.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts