experienced NOS plate users...questions for ya...

gmachinz

Frequent Racer
Apr 5, 2005
Iowa
Okay, so I'm getting around to building a fuel system for a 669hp 400SB and a local parts shop has supplied this customer with what they say he needs for his car I'm building-even though I have a plan for it already. He bought a Nitrous Express Single Stage kit good for 400 more ponies and he was given a bunch of fittings, a single Aeromotive fuel pump, two filters, a regulator and some bradided hoses. Now, I wanted to plumb two braided -10AN lines from the sump to a bulkhead, then two dedicated 1/2" aluminum lines from the rear bulkhead to the firewall area with two Edelbrock pumps and two AN inline filters mounted as far back as possible after the bulkhead. My idea is to maintain two fuel lines (engine, nitrous solenoids) given the power level while this guy has been told he can just "y" it off underhood and go with one fuel line. So who has experience running a heavy hitting plate system here? And oh yeah-there's a trans brake mixed in with this as well and the guy wants two nitrous stages. I planned to go with an MSD Digital 7 box so we can set this timing up so the shifter button releases the brake on the launch, then set the two solenoids off a WOT switch with on tied to a delay relay...say maybe 1.5 seconds apart wih LED heads up indicators inside. Opinions?

Hiway

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 9, 2005
Enola Arkansas
Sounds like he needs a big pump (magna 500 or simular) and some sort of fuel "log" underhood. Mount seperate regulators for each solenoid and the carb.

gmachinz

Frequent Racer
Apr 5, 2005
Iowa
What I planned to do is run two lines from the sump to the firewall, each plumbed into it's own regulator with the fuel going to the carb through a log and the other fuel line coming out of its reg. and into the fuel solenoid for the NOS and then into the fuel inlets at the plate.

gmachinz

Frequent Racer
Apr 5, 2005
Iowa
So you're suggesting running one pump, filter and one line to a fuel block, then splitting it with one line for the carb fuel log, and the other to the inlet side of the fuel solenoid? I'm wondering if I should keep seperate regulators for the engine fuel supply and the nitrous fuel solenoids....? Keeping 8-9 psi for the motor makes sense as it would for the NOS as a baseline but as the NOS dose increases, I'd like to go up to 10-11 psi just for the NOS fuel solenoids. It just seems to be easier to maintain consistency with two seperate fuel pumps regulated at the psi they would require. I guess it wouldn't matter other than it could help troubleshoot fuel issues should any come up. So I would think running one pump able to supply up to 1300 HP will serve well if I go with one line and tee everything off up front. Keeping steady fuel pressure is my biggest concern at the start of this.

MALIBU7902

Amateur Racer
Oct 6, 2003
Gurnee Illinois
When I ran a plate I was spraying 500. I had a single -8 feed line
from a BG 280 pump split with a y in the engine bay. Then 2 regulaters
1 for motor 1 for spray. I had no problems with this setup.

eldabo

Pro Stocker
Aug 10, 2006
Mobile,Alabama
500 bet thats a kick in the *ss

Eldogg

Daily Driver
Oct 10, 2007
Gainesville, GA
I only use one pump on every nitrous car I build. I have the Aeromotive a1000 pump on a mustang I did 500hp small block & 2 kits. 1 -10 line from rear and the regs. mounted on a log with the carb reg. last in line. If you have any questions PM me.

MALIBU7902

Amateur Racer
Oct 6, 2003
Gurnee Illinois
eldabo said:
500 bet thats a kick in the ###

Not as big a kick as a 200 shot through a fogger!! :D :D

eldabo

Pro Stocker
Aug 10, 2006
Mobile,Alabama
I never ran a fogger but some one told me they hit softer but I guess not.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!