hyper pistons and 125 shot nos?

81rustabu

Dragway Regular
Apr 16, 2011
pinckney,MI
I'm about to start building my 400 and I'm looking at pistons. My question is will hyper pistons handle a 125 sht of nitrous?

Ed Cannon

Pro Stocker
Jul 17, 2009
Johnson City Tn
Yes up to 150. Do yourself a favor a put forged pistons in it you will be glad you did.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
X3 on the forged cans. If you're building a performance engine, use performance parts, not crate engine/rebuild quality stuff. Even if the parts are OK for the power levels intended, overbuilding a little is worth it. Especially with nitrous. Once you get a taste, you'll want a bigger shot...

Tommy

Purcell Racing

Weekend Racer
Jun 10, 2011
Mineral Wells, Texas
It'll handle it just fine. I've been spraying a 150 to a stock bottom end standard bore 350 for 2 yrs now. So hyper pistons should handle it no problem

Bad Medicine Racing

Frequent Racer
Jan 8, 2010
Grove Oak, AL
I used to blow a 250 shot on a cast piston, stock rod, stock crank 406.

Ed Cannon

Pro Stocker
Jul 17, 2009
Johnson City Tn
This debate is old as the hills. Yes you can. But slip up on the tune and you will be scooping your pistons up out of your oil pan. I did it for years and the whole time I was thinking "I wish I would have spent the extra money on good parts".

Bad Medicine Racing

Frequent Racer
Jan 8, 2010
Grove Oak, AL
You can cook any kind of piston when using a power adder. Forged pieces will stand more abuse, but anything made by a man can be broken. All that has to happen is for the fuel solenoid to not work correctly one time and its game over. I never hurt anything on nitrous, but I was lucky.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts