Courtesy Fuse keeps blowing

Tony_SS

MalibuRacing Junkie
Apr 21, 2004
Washington, MO
www.mac-ink.com
RatMalibu said:
Tony if you haven't gotten any where by Thursday, I'll be going to pick my wife up from the airport. I get out of class at noon and she gets in at 7:45....depending on your schedule, maybe I can stop and take a look. Sometimes a fresh perspective helps a lot lol

Thurs I've got an appt at 2.40... :/ Most other days are my schedule is open though...

Tony_SS

MalibuRacing Junkie
Apr 21, 2004
Washington, MO
www.mac-ink.com
81classic said:
Get yourself one of these. It will come in realy handy more than once.
It can be a real pain tracking down a short. I've used this on everything from Airstream trailers up to garbage trucks at work.

It looks like your on the right track, reverese what you've changed and work your way back

KD Tools 2524 Short Circuit Detector KD2524
thumbnail.asp

That tool seems too go to be true! Plug it into the blown fuse and move that meter around until it picks up the short? And it works through upholstery, etc? I may have to pick one of those up!

81classic

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2003
North Port, Fl
Tony_SS said:
81classic said:
Get yourself one of these. It will come in realy handy more than once.
It can be a real pain tracking down a short. I've used this on everything from Airstream trailers up to garbage trucks at work.

It looks like your on the right track, reverese what you've changed and work your way back

KD Tools 2524 Short Circuit Detector KD2524
thumbnail.asp

That tool seems too go to be true! Plug it into the blown fuse and move that meter around until it picks up the short? And it works through upholstery, etc? I may have to pick one of those up!

Yes Sir! I originally bought it to track a short in my Airstream trailer. All the wiring is run in the walls between the aluminum and it got me to the point. I would say if it traced it through aluminum sheeting, upholstery should not be a problem. Better than guessing

RatMalibu

Pro Stocker
May 21, 2003
Rolla, Mo.
www.fidnet.com
Well Tony it looks like I won't be able to leave town Thursday till 3:30 or so anyway so if you want me to come by give me a call tomorrow afternoon and we'll talk.

gman415

Dragway Regular
May 19, 2009
Chattanooga
Tony_SS said:
Radio is completely removed, so is the cig lighter...

This is driving me nuts.
I'd check around the cig lighter wire. Is it touching anything? If you cut the end off put a butt connector on it to protect it.

Tony_SS

MalibuRacing Junkie
Apr 21, 2004
Washington, MO
www.mac-ink.com
I think I got it. I was using that tool above and tracing some wires near the fuse box, there is junction to where all the int lights plug into, and one of the connectors was hanging down. On that connector, there are open slots on either side. One of those slots was grounding out on a cruise control plug (I think). This would explain why it was intermittent at times. So I buttoned that all up and I'm good to go *fingers crossed*

79Landau

Frequent Racer
Aug 28, 2005
Delhi Ontario,Canada
Glad you found the problem. I HATE tracing down wiring problems

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts