calling all mechanical linkage gurus!!

el meano

Amateur Racer
Jun 19, 2009
new haven CT
i know it can be done, and i apoligize if im beating a dead horse, but can anyone asist me in the required mods to a conventional clutch fork that would enable my clutch to fully disengage?
today i picked up a saginaw 4 speed, comp plus shifter, bell and fork, flywheel and starter from a 68 nova, and know there is someone out there who has made this bell and fork work in a g-body.
do i need to modify the end of the nova fork to mimic the shape of the g-body fork?

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
to use that bellhousing, you must move the ballstud and then either use the malibu fork, or enlarge the window and use the Nova fork.

You will have geometry problems and floor interference if you use it as is.

Bar50 has successfully moved the ballstud in a few bellhousings.

kevind

Dragway Regular
Jan 7, 2009
Whitley City KY
I have had a regular bellhousing and clutch fork like You have in My car for 15 years. All I did was dent the floor under the gas pedal.

el meano

Amateur Racer
Jun 19, 2009
new haven CT
kevind said:
I have had a regular bellhousing and clutch fork like You have in My car for 15 years. All I did was dent the floor under the gas pedal.

with no mods to the fork?? i heard that was possible, but needed conformation.

kevind

Dragway Regular
Jan 7, 2009
Whitley City KY
I have had both the stock one and the one that JEGS SELLS PART # 555-60101 they both work. No mods.

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
I'm the guy that modified the clutch fork to make it work. Yes it can be done regardless of the naysayers. You need two clutch forks, a stock chevy standard AND the g-body specific fork. Lay them on a piece of paper or cardboard, and draw a line through the three points on each of them, the center of the pilot bearing, the pivot ball and the rod detent. Notice how they make a straight line on each fork? They must or you will have issues. Mark the old style fork where it comes thru the standard bellhousing. measure the overall length, cut that much off of the g-body fork, paying VERY CLOSE attention to the angle of your cut on each fork, weld the old inner gm fork to the g-body outer section and VERIFY you did it right by drawing your straight line and making sure it's dead on. If not, Good luck trying to find another one to butcher :D At the time I did mine, I had two g-body forks and no g-body bellhousings. Go figure, now I have a few bellhousings and no forks ](*,) Cant seem to get my parts timing right :lol: Sorry no pics as it's in the car. I may have some this winter though as I have to pull it out to check my transmission and clutch :evil:

el meano

Amateur Racer
Jun 19, 2009
new haven CT
well parts fell out of the sky on me again today, and i got pedals and a hydro master for free from a buddy of mine, this creates a different animal so im going to create a new thread, run what you got right? thanks guys

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts