Calling all "manual valve body" members

bbc-olds

Frequent Racer
Jun 7, 2008
Malin OR
Use a pistolgrip quarterstick on my glide and like it. But I would not use a quarterstick on a forward pattern(manual or auto). When shifting from 2-3 and if you relax you grip on the trigger it will go to neutral right through the 3rd gear gate( been there done that). works ok on a reverse valve body as it will just go into third and shift early. Only reason a ratchet shifter won't work is it is not adjusted correctly. Just my opinion.

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
I daily drove with a Pro Stick and th350, never an issue.

Bar50

Pro Stocker
Jan 31, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Thats sort of funny, now that I think of it. My brother's Malibu drag car, full manual valve body 350, runs 11's. Its still on the column, he didn't like the race shifters.

NEW2MALIBU

Dragway Regular
Mar 5, 2007
idaho
Hurst Pistol Grip....TH400 Reverse/Manual. The shifter I have will work with a forward or reverse pattern. With my reverse pattern when shifting from 1st to 2nd you have to squeeze the trigger and hold it or else you could pull it thru 2nd and all the way into 3rd. Sounds like a PITA but actually it isn't at all. I have been running it for a few months now (on the street and the track) and have never had a problem. Hurst does make one where the plates are interchangable and it is not an issue. I bought this one off of craigslist for $75 brand new minus the cable.

DSCF1722.jpg

JoshuasFirstDay173.jpg

A

Anonymous

^hope not wont be able to run at the track! lol

im running a Th400 full manual reverse with 1/4 stick. its a nice setup

injected

Frequent Racer
Dec 21, 2006
Quebec , Canada
Running a quicksilver. For me,aint nothing like a ratchet type.I am a rachet guy :lol:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts