360demonRT's 78 build

360demonRT

Frequent Racer
Jul 13, 2008
central Ky
Got the rest of my fuel stuff in today. Have to either get a 4bolt tb or find a piece of 6"x6"x1" aluminum to make an adapter plate. Still need coils, starter and an alternator. Hope to have it ready to fire (if not fired) by Sunday. Got a buddy going to come up tomorrow and help with the cam swap and hopefully set the motor in the car.

360demonRT

Frequent Racer
Jul 13, 2008
central Ky
got the fender wells and ac box pulled yesterday. cam and springs changed yesterday. couldn't find a valve spring tool, so i drilled a large hole for the retainer and a small hole for the rocker bolt in a piece of angle iron. it worked really well actually...

today i sat the motor in the car. pain in the *ss, in and out four times. finally realized i had a setback plate which threw off the geometery of the SBC solid mounts. drilled holes in the frame aproxamately .5" hicher center to center than the existing ones. fit perfect! put the hi ram on in the car, sum b*tch is high. I don't know if a 4" hood will clear... be close.

working on fuel system tomorrow, have a question.

there are two metal lines coming from the top of my factory tank, one larger than the other, both head towards the passenger side, cross over the top of the axle, and only one comes down. whats up with that? can i use one for a feed and the other for a return? i bought new fuel line so i dont want to use much of it since it's not efi rated, just a few inches of it so i don't have to drop the tank.

ideas?

360demonRT

Frequent Racer
Jul 13, 2008
central Ky
pushed her in the shed to keep her out of the rain until I get a chance to get the accessories coils and some manifold/header. are there any stock manifold that fits there cars in the stock configuration so I don't have to buy headers?

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Lookin' good :D I might do an LS swap in mine someday, but it will no doubt be a big stroker.

360demonRT

Frequent Racer
Jul 13, 2008
central Ky
big inches or small with some boost, nasty cammed to hell and back 4xx stroker would be sweet. i'd like to do one like the MR father/son build for a daily. but i couldn't leave it alone lol

360demonRT

Frequent Racer
Jul 13, 2008
central Ky
Most ls stuff definitely seems to enjoy the higher rpms for sure.

Made a little ac block off plate. Too much other stuff to buy to worry about spending on that. Might paint it black to blend a little better

oldschool

Frequent Racer
Nov 13, 2003
concord, NC

I missed your thread over here, looking good.... One question do you think a 3-3 1/2 cowl hood will clear that intake ?? I want to get one of those intakes later in my build, but ordering my hood sooner

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts