What manifold should I run with a NOS big shot?

Malibu 361

Dragway Regular
Jan 11, 2007
Queens,NY
What manifold should I run with a NOS big shot?

Hiway

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 9, 2005
Enola Arkansas
Victor

Malibu 361

Dragway Regular
Jan 11, 2007
Queens,NY
Hmm which one there are like 7 of them I am running brodix race rite heads 220s i believe....

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
then get the brodix intake to match, or maybe the super victor, but these are high rpm intakes, so i hope the rest of you setup is matched to those heads. if you plan on running nitrous, then as a general rule a single plane intake is better suited. what size motor are you putting those 220cc heads on? i don't think that any dual plane is suited to the rpm range that a set of 220cc heads is intended to make power.

quickie70

Weekend Racer
Feb 20, 2008
Denver, CO
if its a race-only car, victor all the way. For the 180's you won't need more than the standard vic jr.

If you still require some drivability, the rpm air-gap is a good dual plane manifold that will keep your lower end torque up.

Really, the manifold, heads, cam, compression, and converter all need to be matched to your application.

However, I'm assuming, since you are looking at a big shot (250-500 right, been a while since i've been in the nitrous game), it's probably a full race set-up, so again... vic. jr.

Malibu 361

Dragway Regular
Jan 11, 2007
Queens,NY
As far as driveability with the Victor Jr how bad will it be lets say if I want to run around the streets a little ..?And I was looking at the victor JR that is 1" taller than standard what do you think of that ...?the rest of the motor is built real well cam heads compression exhaust etc etc....But I originally went with the air gap for streetability issues motor still hasn't been fired up.....Thanks

quickie70

Weekend Racer
Feb 20, 2008
Denver, CO
what are your cam specs and converter stall?

I had a vic jr. on my 11 second monza, and it was fine for the occasional street romp (355 [email protected] .510 hydralic 3500 stall) because the converter would pull it out of the "bad area" quickly. My daily driver truck blew up, so I put an old school performer RPM on it and lost about .05 in 1/4 (either on the bottle, or off didn't matter), but gained a ton in street manners. Eventually I downsized the carb, and picked up the .05, and it drove like a new car.

For a smaller small block (under 420 ci) you need to be turning it pretty fast to need the super victor.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts