speedway motors tubular control arms

DanielM

Frequent Racer
Aug 29, 2008
Racine, WI
Not to hijack but I went with the Spohn uppers and lowers with the coil over they have the suspension limiters

http://www.spohn.net

Dan

Bill in NC

Top Fueler
Jan 1, 2004
Mocksville NC
I just want to know how a dropped spindle changes the front end? Sounds to me like there is a bent frame or spindle on that car for just one side to be wrong.

red barn

Frequent Racer
Mar 5, 2007
Syracuse, NY
I did two right side speedway arms w/ belltech drop spindles and didn't have any issues at the alignment shop.

Wagon75.jpg

Bill in NC

Top Fueler
Jan 1, 2004
Mocksville NC
Good, because I've been running the Belltech dropped spindles for years w/ no problems. My Dad had them on his monte for years before that, and I just bolted on a set of speedway arms this past weekend, and will head to the alignment shop soon.

The whole point of running dropped spindles is to keep all of the factory designed geometry and travel in check while giving you the lowered look that you desire.

Cam

Dragway Regular
May 22, 2003
Los Osos, CA
Reviving this old thread for any new info. Any new low buck suppliers, or anyone with some more miles on their speedway or UBMachine A-arms with some new input?

Bill in NC

Top Fueler
Jan 1, 2004
Mocksville NC
I don't think it can get much more low buck than the speedway arms.

TurboBu

Daily Driver
Jul 13, 2009
Sw Missouri
I called speedway today and tech said that most of the Modifieds with metric front clips use Nova lowers and the push the track width out 1" per side. they have threaded tube adapters, and are straight for a few inch out from the heim. so why not cut and inch off of the heim ends and weld in new tube adapters or cleanup and reinstall cut off tube adapters?

84montesc

Amateur Racer
Mar 24, 2006
Cincinnati, Ohio
s142.photobucket.com
TurboBu said:
I called speedway today and tech said that most of the Modifieds with metric front clips use Nova lowers and the push the track width out 1" per side. they have threaded tube adapters, and are straight for a few inch out from the heim. so why not cut and inch off of the heim ends and weld in new tube adapters or cleanup and reinstall cut off tube adapters?

please explain in terms that i understand. i have two of the speedway right hand uppers and all seems to be lining up DAMN close with string and level etc... we will see for sure once i make it to alignment shop. i have read/heard that a 1/16" to 1/8" of toe in is appropriate and 0 degrees camber to as much as 7 degree positive caster is appropriate for a drag car...

Picture034.jpg

Picture033.jpg

Picture030.jpg

681tonburb

Jul 11, 2009
Has any one tried any of there lowers yet dont know if it would be worth doing there $139 each plus the cost of the ball joint. so your looking at $300 by the time you get them so you only save $100 over whats out there now.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts