rim screws

lester622

Dragway Regular
Sep 5, 2006
new orleans
with rim screws can u still run tubes in the slicks are will the screw puncture the tube? the reason im askin is im lookin at some rims that are setup for rim screws but i dont know anything about rim screws, is there any problems u run into when runnin rim screws that i should know about?

GreenDragginBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 10, 2003
N.E. Ohio
Yes you can still run tubes, the screw wouldnt be long enough to go all the way through.

and i have seen people run rims with the holes in them for screws, but without putting the screws in.

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
GreenDragginBu said:
Yes you can still run tubes, the screw wouldnt be long enough to go all the way through.

and i have seen people run rims with the holes in them for screws, but without putting the screws in.

Exactly. I stopped running rim screws years ago, rims are drilled, holes still there, no leaks.

The only time screws are mandatory is when you run tubes as if the tire moved any it could tear the tube.

With the tires i run, they may turn a bit when first mounted, but stop and haven't moved since.

That's a 325 D/R that definately wrinkles the sidewall to 1.32 60's.

I vote for NO SCREWS!!! dancin_banana.gif \:D/ party_dance.gif :thumbsup: :awesome:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts