ProCharger tunning help please

starfire350

Frequent Racer
Jun 2, 2005
Dallas, TEXAS
Still having trouble with tunning the car.... It is a 350 chevy with victor Jr heads and a F1R procharger blow off is set at about 5-7 pounds trying to get it running before turning it up. I revs up fine and 60 foots good but right past the 60 foot is starts popping and sputtering and rust wont pull. Has new distributer gear and its locked out set at 32 and the plugs are gaped at 30. It has a 650 proform with hanger mods for blow through made a log pass and A/F stays between 12 and 15 I know thats not perfect but seems it should still run. Digital 6 msd. sounds good and runs great in the garage and in the driveway does a good strong launch and 60 foot (thats all the driveway I have) Then get it to the track and its embarasing. Any ideas are appriciated

procharged

Amateur Racer
Oct 15, 2006
Maryland
what fuel pressure regulator are you using ?? is it boost refernced ?? i would start looking there next i would look at getting at least a 750 carb . what is your cuurent jetting in the carb. Your issue is def a case of it running out of fuel.

starfire350

Frequent Racer
Jun 2, 2005
Dallas, TEXAS
the regulator is a aero speed boost referenced played with the jetting Im at 90 96 now and the plugs read good and the A/F is a little jumpy but its in the neighborhood

procharged

Amateur Racer
Oct 15, 2006
Maryland
Just driving around the neighbor hood they will read good .. I would just be real careful when you do finally lay into it .. That carb is pretty small and even with it jetted to the max it still will not flow enough to support that f1.. what are you using for a fuel pump ?? Im not sure what regulator u have ..aerospeed ?? it is this one
http://www.speedgearracing.com/2009/11/blog-post_20.html .....if it is i would just be real careful with it ..one thing ive learned in my years of playing with procharger stuff is the fuel system is not an area you want to take chances with it doesnt take much to ruin an engine when it leans out. If you decide your in the market for a carb i have a nicely done 750 just sitting on my shelf that i cant use anymore ..and would work good with what you have. also what are you using to read your a/f ?

starfire350

Frequent Racer
Jun 2, 2005
Dallas, TEXAS
sorry its a aeromotive 13202 not aero speed. please dont misunderstand me Im not questioning your knowledge just trying to understand myself. Its a LM1 wideband o2 sensor running logworks I have added a TPS and MAP sensor to try and get a better grip on the situation. I looked at the turbo forums data base and noticed that plugs are not close to what I have been trying so I got a new set of NGK today and plan on trying them gaped at 26 to see how that goes. What are your thoughts on plugs

procharged

Amateur Racer
Oct 15, 2006
Maryland
OK good you have a good regulator .and a good a/f setup .. what do u mean by the plugs are not close to what you have been trying ? do u have a pic of the plugs ?? the gap you had shoudve been good .. the plugs ive run in the past were autolite 3924.

starfire350

Frequent Racer
Jun 2, 2005
Dallas, TEXAS
IMG_01792.jpg

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
How's your A/F at idle? Looks like you're fouling them up before you get to lay into it.

rumblbu

Amateur Racer
Nov 29, 2005
Muskegon,MI
What are you using for a carb/hat/elbow?

starfire350

Frequent Racer
Jun 2, 2005
Dallas, TEXAS
runs 16 or so at idle its a little jumpy that picture is horrible. the carb is proform 650 with the hanger mods the hat is the one that procharger sent with the system

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts