Powerglide question

Goob

Top Fueler
Jun 6, 2003
Indianapolis
I won't be in the way of you getting to all the pukeglitches......have at 'em.

juicedimpss

Amateur Racer
Jan 13, 2007
Milwaukee Wi
www.clocksoffracing.com
Goob said:
I won't be in the way of you getting to all the pukeglitches......have at 'em.
a glide kick your *ss that bad in the past? you seem REALLY salty about them. Maybe its not the trans as much as it is whoever put it together. We have one in a car that put 1400+ to the wheels,and it worked flawlessly all season.

Goob

Top Fueler
Jun 6, 2003
Indianapolis
Good for you. :roll:

Goob

Top Fueler
Jun 6, 2003
Indianapolis
I ran pukeglitches for a season, I've had everything from a 700R4, TH-350, Pukeglitches, to a TH-400 in mine for 2700 passes, just a little data to back up what I post. :roll:

juicedimpss

Amateur Racer
Jan 13, 2007
Milwaukee Wi
www.clocksoffracing.com
Goob said:
I ran pukeglitches for a season, I've had everything from a 700R4, TH-350, Pukeglitches, to a TH-400 in mine for 2700 passes, just a little data to back up what I post. :roll:
how fast does that car run anyway?

Goob

Top Fueler
Jun 6, 2003
Indianapolis
10.39 @ 126 best, on high 1.3 short times.

Only took me 3 pukeglitches to make it through most of a season.....and one of them survived. =D> =D>

(not counting the 1.82 that exploded in 18 passes)

juicedimpss

Amateur Racer
Jan 13, 2007
Milwaukee Wi
www.clocksoffracing.com
Goob said:
10.39 @ 126 best, on high 1.3 short times.

Only took me 3 pukeglitches to make it through most of a season.....and one of them survived. =D> =D>

(not counting the 1.82 that exploded in 18 passes)
so for some reason your 10 sec car breaks them because they are junk,not because the builder has no idea what they are doing? I know of tons of cars that run 7's with the "pukeglitch" and rarely have problems with them.
with that mentality,i could say that th400 sucks because the guy who USED TO build mine didnt know what he was doing.i rolled 3 sprags in 2 different transmissions.does that make a th400 bad? no. just means SOMEONE needs to do their homework.
sorry i disagree with you on this subject,im sure you are very knowledgable.

A

Anonymous

Cookie?

There are always tradeoffs. You have to find what those are for your specific combination and work it from there. When I was looking for my old Z28, Marty Chance told me to stick with the TH400 since it'd be faster off the bat. He said if I wasn't willing to go through the process to fully optimize my combo, and just wanted to have fun with it, stick with the TH400. Reason being was that converter choice was MUCH MUCH more important when doing the powerglide. With the TH400 we could do a good guess and toss it in and go have fun. He also did say that if I were to get more serious about racing, then the glide would be more beneficial for my specific combo since it's a class that didn't allow progressive controllers on nitrous setups. That softer hit from that low first gear would help my torque arm 4th gen F-body keep it off the back bumper since even with limiters it came up pretty damn fast.

Ron - wonder if Jim coulda gone faster than 7.95 @ 182mph on pump gas if he had a T400 in that b*tch? hahahaha

I bet that 4dr '67 chevelle on turboforums would go faster than 8.9x at 3600lbs with all that JUNK setup he has in it if he got rid of his junk powerglide

A

Anonymous

Ron,

Hipster build those 400's for ya? I don't think he knows how to build 'em

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts