Powerglide question

Goob

Top Fueler
Jun 6, 2003
Indianapolis
Whatever pal, Coan Engineering doesn't know a thing about pukeglides, or A&A Transmission, or my transmission builder who has been doing this since 1980..... :roll: :roll:
I gave the used Coan 1.82 unit a break just because it was expected to gag in a 3200# car, all the others were "top grade" ($$$$$$$) reconditioned 1.76 units.

But most important, I didn't like the pukeglide in Mom's new 67 Impala 327/275, and I don't like them any better now.

If I can't afford a stick, I can at least have a TH-400.

The TH-400 is quicker, faster, just as consistent, and I don't have to change transmissions between class calls anymore. :roll:

COPO 572

Dragway Regular
Mar 23, 2004
Morrisville, NC 27560
Dear Goob,

I'm getting the idea a fellow PG racer wasn't very nice to you. Please forward your address so I can send you $5 for a beer. It's on me brother.

Love,
COPO 572

Goob

Top Fueler
Jun 6, 2003
Indianapolis
Save your money, and don't cry for me.
I pray for every one of my competitors to be running a pukeglitch. =D>

COPO 572

Dragway Regular
Mar 23, 2004
Morrisville, NC 27560
I admire your attitude Goob, whether I agree with it or not. Hopefully we will run into eachother one day. Then we can enjoy that beer together.

Later,
COPO 572

Hitman

Dragway Regular
Oct 15, 2004
OKC
I've broke 2 planetaries in glides since I started using them in 1996. I ran a TH350 for 2 years, but only footbraked it then. My g/f had a TH400 in her car and we fought it and fought it when trying to use the transbrake. It was dandy on the footbrake.

We went from a TH350 to a glide, back to a TH350, back to a glide in my brothers car, and it always ran the same ET. More MPH with the glide, better 60' with the TH350. Car went down the track better with the glide.

Real fun would be a Liberty 5-speed, but I hate working on cars, I like driving them.

A

Anonymous

if you think a powerglide wont work, then dont use one. i love my powerglide, but im also running a turbo motor and 3.08 gears to accomplish my mid 10 second passes on street tires and pumpgas. a th350 causes me to spin outta the hole horribly, and ive also broke about 10 th350's but the cheap little manual valve body p/g has been going strong for well over a year now and i love it. to each their own i guess.

A

Anonymous

Survey Says?

ok guys, obviously everyone on here who knows anything about racing should know that each different setup may react/work better, accomplish quicker 60's, quicker E.T's, stronger launches, better traction, durability and so forth with different trannies. i for one have had 2 p/g's and one left off the button at 5,200 with a 715hp BBC and the other now leaves at 5,000 with a SBC. i use to own a 1977 Checy LWB truck that was a 13.0 street truck with a 355 and a 350th that was built by a friend of mine. i abused the transmission and tried to destroy it after running 13 times in the 1/8 mile almost back to back it still held true and i drove 2 hours home. had i out in a p/g the story may have been different. no sense in arguing about what works well in your car verses what works well in someone elses. i say let it Eat. let your transmission do the real talking. and Yes, a builder makes a world of difference when it comes to any transmission, not just a 400th or a p/g. so that being said, Who can tell me the difference between a Quick car and a Fast car??????????? should be an easy one if you know your stuff. lol. oh by the way, my P/G told me to tell ya'll that it is ready to settle the transmission war at any time. next time you are in/around Texas hit me up, I'm your Huckleberry. 355 SBC on Methanol, P/G w/5,000 stall, ford 9" w/4.33 gears, 32x14x15 MT ET Drags, ladder bars, coil overs on all 4 corners, trans brake/footbrake, electric shift, 12 pt cage, crossover box, etc... lol...

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts