people running mid to low 5's..help!

v8power

Frequent Racer
Jul 24, 2008
okc
I bought a new nitrous small block for my regal, its putting down over 700hp on the bottle. I will be racing 10.5 tire class on the 1/8. looking for some guidance for suspension set up, gears ect. please pm or post what you have, anything i can get would be helpfull. thanks.

v8power

Frequent Racer
Jul 24, 2008
okc
Come on there's plenty of people I'm sure that are running that here!!

CutlassRacer

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 18, 2004
Gainesville, FL
www.facebook.com
Yeah the TRZ guys can really help you out.

I will tell you that 700hp is not going to get you into the low 5s in the 1/8th though, unless the thing weighs 2200 pounds!

v8power

Frequent Racer
Jul 24, 2008
okc
nope probably 5.60s but this is just an engine for this year i paid 3500$ for, until the boosted one is done, but I still will be running a 10.5 tire, and immagine the set ups between the two are similar. i will give the guys from trz a call, i heard there really good with helping out on set ups.

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
v8power said:
nope probably 5.60s but this is just an engine for this year i paid 3500$ for, until the boosted one is done, but I still will be running a 10.5 tire, and immagine the set ups between the two are similar. i will give the guys from trz a call, i heard there really good with helping out on set ups.

700hp plus nitrous, or 700 hp including nitrous?

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
10secBu said:
v8power said:

700hp plus nitrous, or 700 hp including nitrous?

That's what I'm thinking, because if it's the latter, we can add a good second to that time...

TRZ Motorsports

Frequent Racer
Nov 8, 2005
Orlando, FL
www.trzmotorsports.com
You'll definitely need a good set of front and rear shocks, Strange, AFCO, or QA1. Double adj. for the rear for sure, don't even look at singles in the rear. Singles or doubles for the front being you're a small block. Front end limiters will be needed for sure, be it in the stock control arms or in ours that include them. Solid Rear suspension meaning no poly or rubber in any of the mounts. Some Moroso trick (or Moog equivalents) up front or a light spring coil-over setup. A 125 or 150 lb. rear spring (depending on the transmission), preferably adjustable height either using rear coil-overs in the stock location (AFCO) or with adj. coil-spring adjusters welded to the housing in place of the stock spring locator (we make them now). An ARB is a must in any G-body that makes even decent power. And lower the whole car down some to make the rear control arm geometry optimal. Hope this helps. Not sure if you called us yet or not, but hopefully we gave you the same advice on the phone as on here!

v8power

Frequent Racer
Jul 24, 2008
okc
Thanks,that is exactly what I needed. I saw the complete kits you guys have I will probably end up going that rout.

And the car it was in it went 5.64. It made 742whp I'm not concerned about this engine. It will be a good engine to learn nitrous tuning with, that's it. Just looking to get my suspension all figured out. Thanks trz

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts