NOS junky thinking of going turbo

noflex

Amateur Racer
Aug 9, 2009
joplin mo.
Just like the title says the only problem is i dont know a thing about them. I have seen comlete kits on ebay is this a good place to start or not, Oh it will be on a sbc 383 shooting for low 10's. Talk to me guys give me some good input....

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
I've never played around with turbos b/c im a supercharger guy. But from other posts that i've seen about other guys referring to those kits like off ebay, is you get what you pay for. I would get the quality stuff that way you know it's gonna take the abuse.

sbmalibu

Frequent Racer
Oct 5, 2009
north judson indiana
Im kind of in the same boat i am torn between doing a 6.0 swap w carb or doing a blow through on my 355.Or if i get a real good job mabey both.I would love my 6.0 with a blowthrough precision turbo.

cttandy

Pro Stocker
Mar 9, 2009
Springfield, Tn
If your thinking about this, I would jump over to performancetrucks.net, and look for a guy by the name trick performance or parish. Both are incredibly talented, and do it for a living. Neither will tell you anything that isn't true, and their prices are fair.

The kits off ebay are not truely complete, the components are cheap, and you will wind up replacing all of it to get a good working system.

I looked into this myself. When I am ready to make the change over, I will be contacting one of the 2 guys I mentioned and let them run with it.

alowerlevel

Frequent Racer
May 30, 2008
South Jersey 08109
go read everything you can on http://www.theturboforums.com lots of great info there

alowerlevel

Frequent Racer
May 30, 2008
South Jersey 08109
SSmonte408 said:
alowerlevel said:
go read everything you can on http://www.theturboforums.com lots of great info there
x2
yellowbullet.com has a very good turbo section too.
x2 lots of great info there too

pdqwagon

Frequent Racer
Aug 27, 2009
Grove City Ohio
alowerlevel said:
SSmonte408 said:
alowerlevel said:
x2
yellowbullet.com has a very good turbo section too.
x2 lots of great info there too

Like they said. Stay away from ebay turbo kits. some parts are ok from them but the kits no. Go to theturboforums and read. Thats what I did and ended up building my own turbo setup. Once you go turbo you will never go back. Good luck.

noflex

Amateur Racer
Aug 9, 2009
joplin mo.
I might look into building my own set up , i really dont want to spend alot of money. If its going to cost me $3 or $4 thousand then i will just keep my NOS..........thanks

A

Anonymous

depending on your inginuity and resourcefulness, you can build a decent single turbo setup for a little less than a grand. fing a gt-42 from a detroit 60 series, buy a bonnet, ebay wastegate and bov, build some dirttrack header kit into turbo headers, and check cxracing for an intercooler. you can build your own blowthrough carb with a little researching on the net. it can be done for cheap, that is how i built my first turbo kit and i still have it on my car to this day, may not be all pretty and perfect, but it works and its fun. :D

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts