need LSx swap headers for a g-body?

sofla78malibu

Daily Driver
Feb 22, 2008
South Florida
78Bu88SS said:
Do not get the Scholenfeld headers. They do not fit, and its not because of a heater box. They hit engine crossmember and lower control arm mount heavily on the passenger side. I positioned my motor every which way trying to get them to fit, no dice. If you want long tubes spend the cash and get the BRPs. Expensive by drop in nicely.

Well the main reason I want an inexpensive set is because I want the car to be drivable while I gather parts to build a single turbo setup down the road. I don't want to spend alot on something I am not going to use later. I guess I could always try to resell them.

Roller406Bu

Frequent Racer
Sep 10, 2003
Elizabethtown Ky
i posted four hundred times pacesetter headers for f body work for 279...weeeeeeeeeeeeee

388bu

Top Fueler
May 27, 2003
Huntley, il
www.shiftn6.com
Roller406Bu said:
i posted four hundred times pacesetter headers for f body work for 279...weeeeeeeeeeeeee

Both sides? Thought you were just using them on the passenger side? Minor tweak on the passenger side right?

Best I can tell from your pics there shouldnt be any AC box interference. What do you think?

Thanks.

Roller406Bu

Frequent Racer
Sep 10, 2003
Elizabethtown Ky
Both sides will work, driver side has no issues whatsoever...BUT the collector angles toward the door, its not straight so i would have had to cut my crossmember more to get my exhaust to it so since i already had the shoenfield i used it...not a big deal i would go with them again in heartbeat....

LS_Malibu

May 13, 2008
I used the pacesetter f body headers roller406 is talking about, worked out well for me, i made my own transmission crossmember

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Have you guys all used the long tubes? I'm about done with long tubes personally, would rather use the mid length ones.

Roller406Bu

Frequent Racer
Sep 10, 2003
Elizabethtown Ky
SkidmarkSS said:
Roller406Bu said:
I am guessing these are the painted versions??

yes sir..

CBRAKLR

Amateur Racer
Jan 8, 2008
Wichita,ks
Roller406Bu said:
do you have any pictures of these installed on your car???
does any one know if any other brands like qtp, hooker, etc would work either?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts