ls1 swap ?

chevycopcar

Pro Stocker
Jul 19, 2004
S. Holland, IL
That's a pretty good question, though. If they're not Vortech heads, then why do they refer to them as Vortech engines?

Darracq

Frequent Racer
Jun 1, 2003
kansas
There called lsx engines. 4.8 5.3 6.0 and so on. Your right i have done a lot of reading but i have learned a lot in the process, I have a pretty boring life though lol.

ILLEGAL REGAL

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jan 1, 2005
Tinley Park,IL
I read a little on ls1tech and seems a problem with the heater box/motor mounts/coil brackets are a pita. I'll wait for someone else to finish it up first before I go about it.. copy theirs :lol:

basketcase

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 9, 2003
Stockton, CA
www.jackstandracing.com
ILLEGAL REGAL™ said:
I read a little on ls1tech and seems a problem with the heater box/motor mounts/coil brackets are a pita. I'll wait for someone else to finish it up first before I go about it.. copy theirs :lol:

Just relocate the coils...

ILLEGAL REGAL

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jan 1, 2005
Tinley Park,IL
oh they fit, it's the coil packs that play h3ll with the heater box.. from what I read is they mount the motor off the trans mount location. but if you were willing to do more of a crossmember notch and move the trans crossmember up a tad you'd solve any issues. but might compromise handling.. not that I care... cars goes fast straight thats what I like. :D

454mali

Dragway Regular
Jan 26, 2006
Cleveland OH
basketcase said:
ILLEGAL REGAL™ said:
yep, seems the escalade mounts work. But the motor placement can play trick with the box still.

I'd think if you could fit a BBC with Tall Valve Covers, then I'd think you could fit an LSx series engine.

heater box and tall valve cover don't work, have to cut up the box a little. I've got a few different pics if you want. Its easy enough I just haven't got around to doing mine yet.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts