Intercooler pics?

Bad Medicine Racing

Frequent Racer
Jan 8, 2010
Grove Oak, AL
Robert1320 said:
400 sbc

400block.jpg
Yeah, that old stock block didn't like making 900+ hp did it...

Bad Medicine Racing

Frequent Racer
Jan 8, 2010
Grove Oak, AL
Robert1320 said:
Sorry man we f!@#d up your thread.

What are you trying to do?
X2
Stangboy said:
What size, what mods, and what HP are you at? Lets see some pics...

377 SBC, Sportsman II heads, Torker II intake, Summit 1107 camshaft, 9.21:1 compression, Speed Pro pistons, Ohio Crankshaft forged rods and nodular crankshaft, main studs, CSU modded Proform 750, 85mm TV81/71 hybrid diesel turbo. The best pass the car has made to date was 6.44@111 spinning through 1st and 2nd on C16 with no sort of intercooler @ 3600 lbs. I am hoping for something a little better this year with the meth injection and better traction. I will update how much difference the meth makes.

blue t

Amateur Racer
Dec 14, 2008
birmingham alabama
Stangboy said:
What size turbo you going with? I think Im gonna stick A/A more of a street car...
I have a pt 88 on mine and it will be on the street more than the track. A/W intercoolers work just fine on the street do some research on them. The car that has won the street car class the last few years at the LSX shoot out is a A/W car that he drives from VA to Memphis TN.

blue t

Amateur Racer
Dec 14, 2008
birmingham alabama
Bad Medicine Racing said:
Robert1320 said:
The issues with meth spray kit is eventually everyone keeps leaning on them harder and harder. Thus the meth enters into the fuel curve. Meth will need to used a large quantity (vs gas) to not go lean. That is why you see the meth kit with 3, 5, 163 nozzles..... (maybe not 163). You get the point it need a large quantity.

So 3 nozzles does the trick. What happens if one nozzle gets plugged with a little spec of dirt. You just lost 33% of you meth fuel curve.... Ooooppps.

Some people have used them, some people have blown up.
Look at the overall cost of what you are building and the cost off adding a real cooler. Anything you go cheap on will be that one thing you question, all the time. Or the first thing to break.
Mine is not here yet (ordered it Thursday), but it will be the 3 nozzle. One pre turbo and 2 more in the charge pipe. I don't have any plans to change my fuel curve, as it is blow thru. I don't have any room for an A/A and I don't want the weight and plumbing of an A/W so I figured I would give this a shot. If it cooks a piston, well it won't be the first time someone has done it lol. I'm just looking for a way out of buying C16 every time I go to the track and turn the wick up a little.
Why dont you have room? Are you still running a/c? This is my old car you can kind of see the A/A on it. Go to this link and scroll down to the bottom and you will see the finished product on my A/w.
http://alabamaracingscene.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51302&page=2

Attachments

• malidyno.jpg
    malidyno.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 2,154

Bad Medicine Racing

Frequent Racer
Jan 8, 2010
Grove Oak, AL
blue t said:
Why dont you have room? Are you still running a/c? This is my old car you can kind of see the A/A on it. Go to this link and scroll down to the bottom and you will see the finished product on my A/w.
My fan is a pusher in front of my radiator, and I refuse to cut my core support.

Robert1320

Pro Stocker
Bad Medicine Racing said:
blue t said:
My fan is a pusher in front of my radiator, and I refuse to cut my core support.

Plasma Cutter is your friend, get friendly!

Blue T is correct we have several people running W/A on the street without issue. Most have a small heat exchanger and having fun.

blue t

Amateur Racer
Dec 14, 2008
birmingham alabama
Yeah I bought a dual pass Afco exchanger for mine but I may build a 10 gal tank and not run it havent decided yet.

Stangboy

Dragway Regular
Jan 27, 2004
Ky
blue t said:
Stangboy said:
What size turbo you going with? I think Im gonna stick A/A more of a street car...
I have a pt 88 on mine and it will be on the street more than the track. A/W intercoolers work just fine on the street do some research on them. The car that has won the street car class the last few years at the LSX shoot out is a A/W car that he drives from VA to Memphis TN.

No clue what I want to do besides have fun and get it running. I have a 6.0, cam/springs, and efi Vic jr with a PT88 if I ever get it done. Working on fuel system, and transmission....

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!