Intercooler pics?

Stangboy

Dragway Regular
Jan 27, 2004
Ky
What size, what mods, and what HP are you at? Lets see some pics...

blue t

Amateur Racer
Dec 14, 2008
birmingham alabama
Home made with 2 750hp garrett cores looking for a 1000whp.

Attachments

• IMG00651-20100407-1657.jpg
    IMG00651-20100407-1657.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 2,247

Stangboy

Dragway Regular
Jan 27, 2004
Ky
What size turbo you going with? I think Im gonna stick A/A more of a street car...

Bad Medicine Racing

Frequent Racer
Jan 8, 2010
Grove Oak, AL
:mrgreen:

http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.com/p101/Stage-1-Competition-Trunk-Mount-Water-Methanol-Injection-System/product_info.html

stage_1_trunk_lg.jpg

Robert1320

Pro Stocker
The issues with meth spray kit is eventually everyone keeps leaning on them harder and harder. Thus the meth enters into the fuel curve. Meth will need to used a large quantity (vs gas) to not go lean. That is why you see the meth kit with 3, 5, 163 nozzles..... (maybe not 163). You get the point it need a large quantity.

So 3 nozzles does the trick. What happens if one nozzle gets plugged with a little spec of dirt. You just lost 33% of you meth fuel curve.... Ooooppps.

Some people have used them, some people have blown up.
Look at the overall cost of what you are building and the cost off adding a real cooler. Anything you go cheap on will be that one thing you question, all the time. Or the first thing to break.

Bad Medicine Racing

Frequent Racer
Jan 8, 2010
Grove Oak, AL
Robert1320 said:
The issues with meth spray kit is eventually everyone keeps leaning on them harder and harder. Thus the meth enters into the fuel curve. Meth will need to used a large quantity (vs gas) to not go lean. That is why you see the meth kit with 3, 5, 163 nozzles..... (maybe not 163). You get the point it need a large quantity.

So 3 nozzles does the trick. What happens if one nozzle gets plugged with a little spec of dirt. You just lost 33% of you meth fuel curve.... Ooooppps.

Some people have used them, some people have blown up.
Look at the overall cost of what you are building and the cost off adding a real cooler. Anything you go cheap on will be that one thing you question, all the time. Or the first thing to break.
Mine is not here yet (ordered it Thursday), but it will be the 3 nozzle. One pre turbo and 2 more in the charge pipe. I don't have any plans to change my fuel curve, as it is blow thru. I don't have any room for an A/A and I don't want the weight and plumbing of an A/W so I figured I would give this a shot. If it cooks a piston, well it won't be the first time someone has done it lol. I'm just looking for a way out of buying C16 every time I go to the track and turn the wick up a little.

Bad Medicine Racing

Frequent Racer
Jan 8, 2010
Grove Oak, AL
Robert1320 said:
I understand where you are coming from. BUT, we have seen too many racers (always wanting more) turn up their set-up and well you know.....
It is a 2 bolt GM 400 block with a nodular 3.48" crank, so I am a master of the conservative tune lol.

Robert1320

Pro Stocker
Bad Medicine Racing said:
Robert1320 said:
I understand where you are coming from. BUT, we have seen too many racers (always wanting more) turn up their set-up and well you know.....
It is a 2 bolt GM 400 block with a nodular 3.48" crank, so I am a master of the conservative tune lol.

400 sbc

400block.jpg

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!