Future engine for the truck (383?)

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
So I got a LOT more stuff than I expected (phone pics seem to suck apparently this time around)...

stuff1.jpg

Engine stand, 2 bellhousings, exhaust manifolds, SI alternator, starter, unused water pump, points distributor (looks like I found my engine primer :)), cast iron intake w/ a 2bbl. Holley 500, another 2bbl. carb (says Bay City on it, has a Chevy bowtie too), etc... and a few other random odds & ends.

Also got an SM465 he claims was rebuilt (has a shop's tag on it, and looks like he may be telling the truth) 8)
stuff2.jpg

ScotSea

Frequent Racer
Sep 21, 2003
That bluish colored bell housing looks interesting. Notice the rust on it? It looks like it might be from the 55-57 era. I don't know if it is worth anything to a restorer, but maybe... Got a casting number for it?

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I'm planning to get all the casting numbers so I know what I have. I checked the casting number of the motor before I bought it, and it says it's a 4-bolt, I was kind of happy about that. I've been up about 25 hours now on a 1 hour nap, so I'm gonna sleep and maybe start really looking at stuff later today. The radiator decided to puke some coolant on the driveway just after I got home from picking up the engine, so I'm going to see if I can drag it out a week or two (family is here and my truck has been getting driven a bit more than normal). If it's a slow leak I'll let it ride & upgrade to the 'big' C/K radiator, plus that will give me some better cooling after I get the 383 in.
DSC05069.jpg

I was NOT happy when I saw this.
38780_1565727186345_1330356168_31531900_1019768_n.jpg

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts