Fuel solenoid supply line question!!!!

rustyolbu

Frequent Racer
Mar 7, 2010
Okay so i have a nos sniper kit. It comes with this cheap little filter for the fuel solenoid.You are supposed to tee out of the supply to the carb with some cheap rubber hose, And the cheesy filter they give you. I have all braided stuff and want to keep it that way. I allready have a filter at the pump and one after the regulator. Do i need to filter it again? I plan on teeing it at the inlet braided line at the carb. And running it over to the fuel solenoid with braided stuff. Is another filter really needed? :-k

rustyolbu

Frequent Racer
Mar 7, 2010
Thanks for the advice robert! Do you think a holley red pump will keep up with the two regulator system? By that i mean will i suffer a presure drop at initial wot? It is not the dead head regulator that holley recommends to use. It is a mallory four way outlet return style.

Thanks again, rusty :D

Malibuwagon80

Dragway Regular
Aug 8, 2007
North Jersey
Heres what I did,Holley blue pump, -08 to a Y block, -08 to a holley regulator, -06 to a edelbrock in line filter, then adapted to the fuel solenoid. Works for me!

Robert1320

Pro Stocker
rustyolbu said:
Thanks for the advice robert! Do you think a holley red pump will keep up with the two regulator system? By that i mean will i suffer a presure drop at initial wot? It is not the dead head regulator that holley recommends to use. It is a mallory four way outlet return style.

Thanks again, rusty :D

I always prefer two regs. Many time the carb and the n2o need different pressures to work.
Red pump. Depended on the over all hp needed to be supported and the condition of the fuel system.
If the pump won't keep up it won't keep up.......

gbodystuff

Amateur Racer
Mar 30, 2009
Iowa
I run two pumps. NX Titan system requires 10.5 psi of fuel if I use 500-750 HP jetting. Right now I'm running 300 HP jetting for initial nitrous runs/tuning and I have my N2O pressure reg set at 9.5 with the engine fuel log seeing 8 psi from it's own dedicated pump. I run a sumped stock tank with -10AN fittings to two Edelbrock 160 GPH pumps (#1792) where I run braided line over the rear suspension to a custom frame mounted steel bulkhead bracket where I switch to 1/2" aluminum lines with a 100 micron filter for fuel, a 7 micron filter for the N2O fuel supply, then up to each regulator, then it's -8AN to the fuel log and -06AN braided to my fuel solenoid. My timing retard lead from my Mallory HyFire VI box is wired parallel with my +12V activation for the fuel solenoid so everything happen instantly and consistently. My plate has a large jets on the center bar with orifices facing away from each other with smaller jetting on the outer bars facing towards the intake and on the opposite end of the plate is the N20 inlet with similar jetting/layout. For reasons of N20 and fuel distribution with such a potentially large shot on demand, a larger fuel pressure is required for this above what is required for the engine. So depending on application, two separate, dedicated fuel pumps should be used.

Robert1320

Pro Stocker
rustyolbu said:
Okay so i have a nos sniper kit. It comes with this cheap little filter for the fuel solenoid.You are supposed to tee out of the supply to the carb with some cheap rubber hose, And the cheesy filter they give you. I have all braided stuff and want to keep it that way. I allready have a filter at the pump and one after the regulator. Do i need to filter it again? I plan on teeing it at the inlet braided line at the carb. And running it over to the fuel solenoid with braided stuff. Is another filter really needed? :-k

You could test your set-up.

Contact me and I can tell you how.
Several things MUST be done.

rustyolbu

Frequent Racer
Mar 7, 2010
Thanks again guys i will test it out before i spray it. Sorry i have not responded sooner i have been busy out in the garage. 8)

elreyyakko

Daily Driver
May 6, 2010
i suggest 2 lines seperatly, one for nos one for regular use, that way, when the nitrous activates it has its own fuel line and wont risk running lean, especially if u plan to hit it with more juice(dont say u wont, we all do in the end)lol good luck

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts