dual stage nos kit

darius smith

Amateur Racer
Jul 12, 2006
fort valley, ga
i'm looking for a wiring diagram for running a dual stage kit. i want the first kit to go off when i activate the second with the button. the fist is on the throttle. and how many regulators do i need not counting the one for the motor. and how many relays plus do i need to run a 3 step retard box. if yall cant see i'm new to this

mightymouse0355

Pro Stocker
Oct 24, 2005
atco, new jersey
darius smith said:
i'm looking for a wiring diagram for running a dual stage kit. i want the first kit to go off when i activate the second with the button. the fist is on the throttle. and how many regulators do i need not counting the one for the motor. and how many relays plus do i need to run a 3 step retard box. if yall cant see i'm new to this
I have only ever had one stage on my car but have had some experience with helping friends woth their steups. First thing, why do you want the first kit to shut down when the second one comes on? What id do is have the first one set up to spray say 150( or whatever you decide to spray and have the second one come on with an additional 100 or so. Now if you have traction issues you could get a nitrous controller or have the smaller of the two shots hit first.

The regulators you could have one for each plate or since your running them both off the same fuel pump then regulate them on the same one before both selinoids( double check on this but I think you can do it this way if I remember correctly). Last but not least you do not need a 3 step retard box.

BENCHSEATRACIN

Frequent Racer
Here ya go
395838429_S8mjE-L.jpg

1. Disconnect the car battery at the ground cable (if not already done).

2. Install the relay (34) with the orange wire connected to the inline fuse assembly close enough to the battery to be easily connected.

3. Install the second relay (34) near the first relay.

4. Connect the white wires from the relays together.

5. Connect one wire from each solenoid to a ground.

6. Connect the green/yellow wire from the second relay to one wire from each small solenoid (17,21).

7. Connect the blue wire from the first relay to the remaining wire on the larger solenoids (9,26).

8. Install the arming switch (30) within easy reach of the driver.

9. Connect the red wire from the first relay and the yellow wire from the second relay to the arming switch #2 (center) terminal.

10. Connect the arming switch #1 terminal to an ignition-switched +12V source.

11. Connect the arming switch #3 terminal to the ground.

WARNING! Binding or dragging of the throttle linkage will create a potentially dangerous stuck-throttle condition. Ensure

that the microswitch does not interfere with normal throttle linkage operation.

12. Install the throttle microswitch (32) where it will be triggered by the throttle linkage at wide-open throttle.

Figure 9 Two-Stage Competition Cheater System Wiring Diagram

13. Connect either terminal on the throttle microswitch to a ground.

14. Install the activation pushbutton (31) in a convenient position for the driver.

15. Connect the green wire from the first relay to either terminal on the activation pushbutton.

16. Connect the remaining activation pushbutton terminal and the black wire from the second relay to the open terminal on the throttle

microswitch.

17. Connect the open lead from the in-line fuse assembly to the battery positive (+) terminal.

18. Reconnect the battery.

HINT: If the arming switch has been connected to a +12V ignition-switched source, nothing will work if the key is off, regardless of the

arming switch position. Neither system can operate if the arming switch is off.

4.6 Electrical System Checkout

1. Ensure that the nitrous bottle valve is closed and the fuel pump(s) is off.

2. Turn the arming switch off.

3. Press and hold the throttle full open. The first-stage solenoids should click.

4. Press and hold the activation pushbutton. The second-stage solenoids should click.

5. Release the activation pushbutton. The first-stage solenoid should click again.

6. Release the throttle.

Chapter 5 Preparing for Operation

5.1 Checkout Procedure—Multiple-Carburetor Competition Cheater System

After you have completed the installation of your NOS Multiple-Carburetor Competition Cheater System kit, perform the following

checkout procedure before operating your vehicle.

NOTE: Before performing steps 1-4, make sure that the nitrous bottle valve is closed and the main nitrous supply line is empty.

1. Close the N2O bottle valve. Empty the main N2O feed line.

2. Turn on the fuel pump.

3. Check all the fuel lines and fittings for leaks.

4. Start the engine.

5. Turn the arming switch on.

6. Set the engine speed at 2000 rpm.

7. Briefly depress the activation arm on the microswitch. The engine speed should decrease if the fuel delivery system is performing

properly. If it is not, refer to Appendix A, Troubleshooting Guide.

8. Open the nitrous bottle valve.

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
darius smith said:

That will not work worth a FK......

NEVER activate one and turn off another during a pass
your car will most definatly spike when the timing changes.

You do want one regulator per power adder
You do want one relay per nitrous system,40A or better
and you do want BOTH kits running simultaniously down the track

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts