Dry NOS install Q's

malibuguy

Top Fueler
Sep 29, 2003
Finksburg, Md
www.cardomain.com
my buddy just picked up this Dry kit used for 200bucks, & i'm stuck installing it on his vehicle, a '92 Tercel...anyways

the only thing i have done is mounted the microswitch, so its activated at WOT, i know that...but the rest, like the wiring, i'm not sure how to wire it up

its got a relay, fuse, i think a switch too for the dash

anyways, it has a 025 jet in there...i'm not sure what that is for the shot, 35? maybe

here's some pics of the kit

nosdrykit001.jpg

the 2 soleniods are throwing me off, is the second one for purge? it only came with the one line with purple fittings
nosdrykit004.jpg

nosdrykit003.jpg

also, what thread is this the nozzle?
nosdrykit006.jpg

sorry for all the questions, i'm not a nitrous person, i know very little

any help would be MUCH, MUCH obliged

BottleBaby Bu

Dragway Regular
Dec 17, 2004
Houston, Texas
www.Houstonhotrods.net
nozzle should be 1/16 npt. You can get s small nozzel holder like this. Remember a dry kit has to go thru the mass air meter.

img.jpg

Im assumin the other solenoid is a purge. Wiring diagrams are available on http://www.coldfusionnitrous.com.

malibuguy

Top Fueler
Sep 29, 2003
Finksburg, Md
www.cardomain.com
thanks, i ended up figuring it all out anyways

kit works good, & Tercels are MAP, so no MAF

i drilled into the intake tube (aluminum aftermarket) & just slowly threaded the nozzle in the pipe, turned out very well, & no connections leak

we also installed new plugs, i dropped the gap from around .044 to .032, stock heat tho...i feel eventully he will be getting colder ones

we burned thru a 10lbs. bottle in one day :shock:

malibuguy

Top Fueler
Sep 29, 2003
Finksburg, Md
www.cardomain.com
CutlassRacer said:
One quick question: how are you adding extra fuel to the engine with the nitrous is activated??

right now nothing...the car runs rich, when it was dyno'd, it was pulling a 9.7 A/F ratio at times, normally mid 10s at the leanest

we have bigger injectors & a fuel computer going in sometime this week, or next, in prep for the turbocharger system i'm about to build for the car, once we get a few more little bits (like oil lines)

ILLEGAL REGAL

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jan 1, 2005
Tinley Park,IL
yea since its speed density it wont add fuel like it would spraying before the mass air. Sounds like it's time for a handheld programmer like the pms for the mustangs.
You do have the nozzle facing the correct direction too right?

malibuguy

Top Fueler
Sep 29, 2003
Finksburg, Md
www.cardomain.com
yes its pointing in the right direction...i was staring at it in the intake while i was screwing it in to be sure of it :lol:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts