down nozzles and foggers?

A

Anonymous

ILLEGAL REGAL™ said:
no alky with the setup i got 8)

Just DO IT!!!! Go alcohol and spray, use gas with the n20. Man you will fly with a set up like that!!!!
new_shocked.gif

A

Anonymous

EMcIllece said:
ILLEGAL REGAL™ said:
no alky with the setup i got 8)

Just DO IT!!!! Go alcohol and spray, use gas with the n20. Man you will fly with a set up like that!!!!
new_shocked.gif

the difference in e.t. is roughly .3-.4 from a gas set-up to an all alky set-up..........this use done on a car running on gas and N0S then switched it to alky........said car ran 9.12 @ 147 on gas......switched it to alky and same said car turned a best of 8.89@156 with a slow 1.55 60 ft.... this was done on a 9" slick in a FULL steel 67 nova, 421 sbc and a fogger weighing in at 3400lbs w/driver..

boyzbad

Top Fueler
Jul 28, 2004
Olathe, Ks
I don't see the point of spraying with gas instead of alky. The alky is a higher octane than anything I've seen with gas.

A

Anonymous

boyzbad said:
I don't see the point of spraying with gas instead of alky. The alky is a higher octane than anything I've seen with gas.

I'm not expert at the N20 and alcohol issue, but I believe it comes down to when you hit over 150hp spray they recomend gas with the spray because of the amount of alcohol you would have to add to go along with the spray. Please let me know if I'm wrong, just my hillbilly brain at work.

Jordan81

Pro Stocker
Feb 10, 2004
wichita, ks
EMcIllece said:
boyzbad said:

I'm not expert at the N20 and alcohol issue, but I believe it comes down to when you hit over 150hp spray they recomend gas with the spray because of the amount of alcohol you would have to add to go along with the spray. Please let me know if I'm wrong, just my hillbilly brain at work.

i think you are right. we were gonna go with alky cause its cheaper, but after studing it for a while, a 1/2 sec isn't worth trying to burn almost twice as much gas. we just stuck with good 'ol VP and planned on picking up elsewhere.

A

Anonymous

Jordan81 said:
EMcIllece said:
boyzbad said:

i think you are right. we were gonna go with alky cause its cheaper, but after studing it for a while, a 1/2 sec isn't worth trying to burn almost twice as much gas. we just stuck with good 'ol VP and planned on picking up elsewhere.

I do run alky, and it is still cheaper than racing fuel, but not by much. But, what I'm getting at in my statement is after the 150 shot you would need such a volume of fuel to feed the shot that......... Kinda get it? I'm not good at getting my thoughts out into words.

A

Anonymous

Jordan81i think you are right. we were gonna go with alky cause its cheaper said:
contray to belief you do not use twice as much alky as do when running gas.........when running race fuel and or alky my motor used about a gallon a pass.........8 gal. fuel cell on board and i'll get about about 5 pass's and thats with warming the motor up also ...thats where i use the most alky at any time..and thats using a lean out valve..

when spraying alky with NOS you run the fuel side alittle fatter and in some caes's will run the NOS alittle leaner, but not much...

DFWMalibu

Dragway Regular
Dec 15, 2006
Dallas,Tx
I have ran alcohol with the nitrous and it is just real finicky to tune if the weather changed slightly you would have to retune the car. I didn't feel like retuning the nitrous everytime out so I went to the alcohol on the car and the gas on the nitrous solved all the problems Loved it....

A

Anonymous

RazorBlade said:
Jordan81i think you are right. we were gonna go with alky cause its cheaper said:
contray to belief you do not use twice as much alky as do when running gas.........when running race fuel and or alky my motor used about a gallon a pass.........8 gal. fuel cell on board and i'll get about about 5 pass's and thats with warming the motor up also ...thats where i use the most alky at any time..and thats using a lean out valve..

when spraying alky with NOS you run the fuel side alittle fatter and in some caes's will run the NOS alittle leaner, but not much...

I'm feeding a peanut motor and going through, 1 1/2 gallons with driving to staging lanes, pushing the car through, burn out, run , going back to pits.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts